• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Grant Green ready for his shot at starting 2B job

AngelsWin.com

Bleh Forwhatever reason, management seems down om green. I doubt he wins a starting job even with a great spring.

Publicly, Angels management is comfortable with Green as the 2B starter: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/10/mlb-trade-rumors-podcast-episode-3.html

The competition will be close,  but if If I were betting, I would put my money on Green.  

Notice that he's been practicing all offseason at SS and 3B. The guy is ready to be a major leaguer.

I just think his skill set is weird. He's the best defensively at SS, where he grades out as fringe, but has plus instincts. But his skill set best matches a 2B, which his footwork is all messed up and he looks like a duck out of water there. So you can try him at 3B where his long frame and plus glove might play up, but from what I hear he doesn't get set, his throws are a little off and just looks out if position.

He did look quite good in LF, last year but that could have been a blip.

As for the bat, he has tons of gap power but not a lot if the over the wall type. He's weak in the range department which hurts him defensively but on the basepaths he is smart and takes the extra base. He can even pinch run a bit if necessary.

So he's either a below average defense and above average offensive 2B or SS. Or he's a below average overall 3B. Or he's a defensively limited but strong