• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yoan Moncada to Red Sox for $31.5 million($63 million total with tax)

bloodbrother

lol @ people trying to justify the Angels not going after this guy.

Yes he will. He'll get at least that much next season. He also can't play third.

lol @ people thinking we should be going after everybody.

no, it isnt a bad deal but we just signed or traded for multiple 2B guys that are all young enough and some still prospects.   All of them put together wont cost that much.   He "might" be able to play 3B, but not sure...

The kid is 19, no idea what hes gonna be.. thats a giant gamble for the sox to dump 60 mil on.  At 19 we all thought a lot of guys were cant miss.. most of which all missed.

Might turn out great.. if so they will look intelligent but only like they got thier moneys worth.  if he turns out to just be good or even average its a bad signing.

Edited by floplag

my guess is he get's paid like all other minor leaguers. 

right

that's why i said at the outset that it'll actually be more than the bonus+the tax.

add in a year of minor league salary plus a couple of years major league min and Arb years and if he is actually as good as everyone says, boston is looking at more like what, $90 million for 5 years of major league service?

right

that's why i said at the outset that it'll actually be more than the bonus+the tax.

add in a year of minor league salary plus a couple of years major league min and Arb years and if he is actually as good as everyone says, boston is looking at more like what, $90 million for 5 years of major league service?

That's a steal if he can produce like Cano or Jose Abreu. And it sucks if he's like Hamilton. I think he will be a very good player. It's like a free agent signing. Of course it comes with risk but at that age, there isn't as much risk