• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Season Over | Fire Everybody | Game Day Bitch Thread

Chuck

OK ladies, I'm as disappointed as you are with the start of this season, but what I won't have is an entire page of Fire Scioscia, Fire Butcher, Season Over, We Suck, F these F'n Loser threads. 

I understand it's therapeutic to vent, bitch and moan after embarrassing or tough losses. I do, I really do. But here's the thing, not everyone wants to filter through a shit pile or discuss the negative aspects of the Angels.

I would prefer you use this thread for anything related to firing this person, hating on that player or for venting during the game -- instead of the gameday thread, if that's all you're going to do in the GDT. 

I will be locking existing threads that meet this criteria.  Use this as much and as often as you'd like, but refrain from creating new threads on any of the bolded topics above in this forum. This is an Angels fan website and not everybody shares your opinion, negativity or even if reality, wants to jump in your pool of pessimism. There's plenty like myself you like to turn the page and hope for a turnaround the next day. There's plenty of optimistic fans out there that see all the positives in the club and want to focus on just that. If you can't do that, that's perfectly fine, but don't spew your venom throughout the internet home for Angels fans here. 

Just helping out the thread you started! But seriously, this is ridiculous. A team with this payroll and this talent shouldnt be in last place at ANY point in the season. Awful. 

I agree. 

I hope you can see where I'm coming from when an entire page is a clusterf*ck of negativity when not everyone is all about reading that. 

I agree.

I hope you can see where I'm coming from when an entire page is a clusterf*ck of negativity when not everyone is all about reading that.

While I agree with that, when the team is playing like garbage wouldn't it also be good not to pretend like everything is wonderful and cheery?? I think one or two snarky threads after a tough loss could be the "ying" to the rest of the forum's "yang"? But I agree pages full of negative threads are annoying.

While I agree with that, when the team is playing like garbage wouldn't it also be good not to pretend like everything is wonderful and cheery?? I think one or two snarky threads after a tough loss could be the "ying" to the rest of the forum's "yang"? But I agree pages full of negative threads are annoying.

A few are not bad, but when it's an entire page (I've seen this on our old website many times), it's just too much. 

This thread is designed for you to speak your mind, unfiltered and unchallenged, unless it's breaking our TOS. 

Call me Captain Obvious, but there is just something terribly wrong with this team and there has been for a little while.  I was talking with somebody in either chat or a gameday thread about it, and how this team and the last few years feel like the 80s all over again.  Big splash free-agent signings that don't live up to the hype, teams that don't seem to gel and never live up to expectations...it's baffling and frustrating to watch.  

I don't know what is wrong but something sure stinks to high heaven.  We're bordering on Cubs territory the last few years and it looks like we're just getting worse.  Nothing in AAA is going to help the team, the prospects in AA need a little more time, and we have no trading leverage unless we go fire-sale.  It's looking like another long year peppered with a few bursts of foolish optimism.

At several points last year I almost jumped on the "Fire Scioscia" bandwagon.  Im still not there quite yet, but heres what it all comes down to: This team cant go 8-15 again without someone getting fired.

I dont know that Scioscia deserves to be fired.  The team is hitting .276/.347/.430/.777 overall, even with Hamilton sucking and Trout doing very little so far.  Thats not bad.  But our team ERA is 5.23 and WHIP is 1.42.  Both of those numbers are pretty damn horrible.  But worst of all?  15 HRs given up in 72.1 innings.  

15 (fifteen)!

Were averaging almost 2 HRs given up per game.  If this team gets anywhere near 8-15, the guy who should be fired first is Butcher.  If things dont improve after that, then think about Scioscia, imo.

I dont really know where i stand with the whole fire sosh thing, but i do think this team needs an immediate wake up call/ shake up. If MS has to take the bullet then so be it. Something needs to be done and fast. I know its april and blah blah blah, but we said that last year and even with how good this team played the rest of the season it wasnt enough.

Im to driving 8 hours to minnesota on sunday for the 3 game series next week, i cant even say im excited for that series at all right now.

I guess this replaces the old Vent Thread. Was hoping it wouldn't be needed this year because I hate to be negative all the time (really, Stradling!), but this team offers no alternative. Saddest of all, it looks like it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Worse for me personally, is I'm an Angel's fan in the bay area. Giants and A's fans are just making my life miserable.

So yes, Chuck, please keep this thread alive for those of us who need an outlet to howl at the moon with.

Sincerely,

Waybackman

At several points last year I almost jumped on the "Fire Scioscia" bandwagon.  Im still not there quite yet, but heres what it all comes down to: This team cant go 8-15 again without someone getting fired.

I dont know that Scioscia deserves to be fired.  The team is hitting .276/.347/.430/.777 overall, even with Hamilton sucking and Trout doing very little so far.  Thats not bad.  But our team ERA is 5.23 and WHIP is 1.42.  Both of those numbers are pretty damn horrible.  But worst of all?  15 HRs given up in 72.1 innings.  

15 (fifteen)!

Were averaging almost 2 HRs given up per game.  If this team gets anywhere near 8-15, the guy who should be fired first is Butcher.  If things dont improve after that, then think about Scioscia, imo.

Pitching, which everyone knew was going to be suspect!

The title of the thread I started "This is why Scioscia needs to go..." got changed to "This is why..." which I understand if you want to keep "Scioscia fired" out of the title, but then some time in the last 24 hours it got changed again to "Scioscia needs to go"  It ruins the integrity of the original post when it keeps getting changed.  I didn't post anything inflammatory, vulgar or radical.  Just stated an opinion on how the game was managed with some history.

Seems like this forum is being overmodded a bit at times.

That was a nice vent.

I'm not convinced Arte Moreno understands how to build longterm success.

He reminds me of Steinbrenner in the 1980s.    No farm system of any note, little foreign presence, and a bunch of overpaid primadonnas surrounding one or two stars (Trout/Weaver vs. Mattingly)!

Convince me otherwise that Arte knows what he's doing!