• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chris Iannetta had a .373 OBP last year

NrM

Mike Trout had a .377 OBP for comparison.

Bat Iannetta first or second and start him for 140+ games.

I know guys.. It makes too much sense... 

back to your regularly scheduled Chris Iannetta hate train.

Edited by Poozy

Given his OBP, 7th or 9thseem like the best spots. I think what I'm most concerned with is playing time. Scioscia is saying 115-ish, and while I think that's great, Iannetta's never done that before.

On top of which, that puts Butera behind the plate for almost 1/3 of the season. That guy makes Mathis' bat look dynamic. I really hope zither back up spot goes to Perez or Bandy. Both are superior defenders, Perez can slap the ball into play and loved reaching base via BB. Bandy has plus power and a good approach as well. Gets plus marks for his handling of pitchers as well.

Both would be upgrades over Butera. But I get the feeling they'll give it to the veteran.

Given his OBP, 7th or 9thseem like the best spots. I think what I'm most concerned with is playing time. Scioscia is saying 115-ish, and while I think that's great, Iannetta's never done that before.

On top of which, that puts Butera behind the plate for almost 1/3 of the season. That guy makes Mathis' bat look dynamic. I really hope zither back up spot goes to Perez or Bandy. Both are superior defenders, Perez can slap the ball into play and loved reaching base via BB. Bandy has plus power and a good approach as well. Gets plus marks for his handling of pitchers as well.

Both would be upgrades over Butera. But I get the feeling they'll give it to the veteran.

iannetta should be dhing or playing 1b on the days he does't catch.

Agree?

iannetta should be dhing or playing 1b on the days he does't catch.

Agree?

That depends mostly on what the remainder of the lineup is looking like. If we're facing a team that likes to run a lot and has their ace on the mound then yeah, DH Iannetta and use one if our better defensive catchers. You have to stop them from advancing and base runners will be at a premium, so you need Isnnetta's OBP.

In most circumstances however, I'd say no. The biggest thing the Angels would miss from Hamilton is power. Putting Cron at DH replaced that power.

That depends mostly on what the remainder of the lineup is looking like. If we're facing a team that likes to run a lot and has their ace on the mound then yeah, DH Iannetta and use one if our better defensive catchers. You have to stop them from advancing and base runners will be at a premium, so you need Isnnetta's OBP.

In most circumstances however, I'd say no. The biggest thing the Angels would miss from Hamilton is power. Putting Cron at DH replaced that power.

Josh Hamilton doesn't have power so I don't see how they're going to miss production they've never received.

Everyone here complains about Iannetta's defense like it's killing the team even though he's been basically average, so why not move some of his starts to DH.

Imo we need Iannetta's bat in the lineup for at least 120 games.

1.Iannetta-373 OBP

2.Trout-.377 OBP

3.Kole Calhoun-The most productive run producer outside of Trout. Dude mashes with RISP

4.Albert Pujols 

5.Matt Joyce

6.CJ Cron

7.David Freese

8.Grant Green/Rutledge

9.Erick Aybar

Not perfect, but this is pretty much my ideal lineup

Edited by Poozy

Years ago i read aomething that said the 5 spot is second to lead off for where you want high obp guys due to statistics saying the 5 hitter leads off innings more than anyone other than the leadoff guy. Not sure if thats true, but because i read it ive always been biased towards believing it

So 5th for me.

Would prefer trout leading off (im one of those), but current lineup id go calhoun, joyce, trout, pujols, iannetta. After that its fill in the blanks. 2B being the weakest right now so id bat him 8th.

Angels will win another WS before you see Calhoun batting third.

Your inability to see the good in Calhoun tells me everything I need to know about your baseball knowledge or your ability to be a troll. If you aren't a troll then you truly have no baseball sense at all.

Your inability to see the good in Calhoun tells me everything I need to know about your baseball knowledge or your ability to be a troll. If you aren't a troll then you truly have no baseball sense at all.

If you have nothing nice to say ... then don't say it.

Btw I'm not knocking Calhoun who happens to be one of my favorite players.

Edited by Troll Daddy

If you have nothing nice to say ... then don't say it.

Btw I'm not knocking Calhoun who happens to be one of my favorite players.

You have been incredibly critical of Calhoun, don't deny it. If he's one of your favorite then you talk a ton of shit on your favorite players.