• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Most Frustrating Human On the Angels all-time

Chuck

Most Frustrating Human on the Angels All-Time  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who has frustrated you the most on this team?

I'm the only one to vote for Mo Vaughn?

Memories are short.

Of course, depends on how you determine 'most frustrated' by stats alone or by stats plus conduct.

if you include conduct combined with performance, then Mo Vaughn managed to poison the entire organization.  Vaughn actually had some decent stats on paper but was poison to the team.

If it's stats combined with terrible contracts, then Hamilton, GMJ and Vernon Wells might be in a three way tie.  Somehow I think if you carefully analyze the stats / performance output for these three........Vernon Wells would WIN the worse contract to performance contest.

I went with Hambone, because he hasn't even given us a little hope that he is the player he was before the signing. At least Well, Mathews, Vaughn and the rest were washed up before coming to the Angels. And guys like Mathis, Rodney, or Fuentes had some success before becoming useless.

Hambone was young enough, and talented enough to have at least one last MVP caliber season. He hasn't even had a mediocre season with the Angels.

After Hamilton, I would have went with Wells. He was such a huge disappointment and we watched Napoli crush with Texas to make it that much worse. Wells had a similar "I don't give a ****" attitude like Hamilton has and nothing drives me more insane than watching guys who don't seem to care. Weak ground balls and pop ups

another guy who at least deserves a spot on the ballot for this 'honor' is Gary Gaetti.

Remember Gaetti?  We signed him as a F/A (or did we get him in a trade? I thought we signed him, anyway)..

We got Gaetti to play 3B coming over from the Twins.......high hopes, good player, decent stats, all that. Might have been an All-Star for Minnesota.

He joins the Halos and gets off to a below the Mendoza line start that drags on to mid-season -- by the All Star break he's hitting something like .147 -- just terrible.

I think he lasted a season and a half with the Halos before they either just released him or dumped him in a trade..........

He later played for KC and St. Louis among other teams and actually had some decent seasons after he left the Halos.........he had some decent power and I think hit something like 27 HRs for KC a season or two after leaving the Halos........he played for St. Louis and kept his MLB career going for quite some time after Halos fans thought he was through............

He was pretty major disappointment for the Halos.

Voted Hamilton, but the more I thought about it, I think Ervin Santana is the definition of frustrating.

That dude could pitch a no-no one week, then get lit up like Time Square the next start. No consistency, and never turned the corner to become an elite pitcher despite having the stuff

Especially when he outpitched Pedro in August 2000, the world was then expected of Ortiz.

He had two decent/solid seasons, but nothing special.

Yeah, that ended up hurting his expectation level. Him and Santana could be lights out one day then terrible the next.

The epitome of frustrating because they had the glimpses of being really good.

A lot of the others people are mentioning aren't frustrating, just poor signings that were never going to live up to their contracts.

Rodney was an asshole before an Angels, still is an asshole and will retire an asshole to start his regular asshole life and should share a townhouse with Vaughan so they can reminisce on how they held the Angels back from getting to the playoffs over some warm Arrogant Bastard beer.

classic

still hammy boy with wells a very close second

Edited by shellback

this is Scioscia for me and it's not particularly close.

After that it goes CJ, Wells, Hamilton, and believe it or not, Steve Finley 

I just remember Scioscia playing Finley so god damn much when it was painfully obvious he couldn't play anymore. I remember one time late in that year we had bases loaded no outs and Finley bounced into a 6-4-3 double play, yet I was stoked about it because we got a run. That is the sign of a terrible ballplayer