• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chargers, Raiders discuss plan to share new stadium in Carson

Vegas Halo Fan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Policy nails it today:

Policy argued that the Carson stadium solves the league's California problem by enabling the Raiders and Chargers to move out of what he called the two worst stadiums in the league. The project would also provide 8.5 acres for the NFL Network, a West Coast wing of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and other NFL entities.

“If you look at it, look at all the different pieces, it all kind of comes together and fits,” Policy said. “The puzzle gets completed.”

By moving to Los Angeles, the Chargers and Raiders would create what Policy told the NFL would be a 22 million-person "mega market," the largest market in the league.

"If the Chargers and the Raiders go to L.A., what you've done is create a mega market from Santa Barbara to Mexico, and you increase your population in that market by over 3.2 million people,” Policy said. “You're going to be slightly above New York in total population.”

i think kroenke has already broken ground at hollywood park. what happens if he doesn't get the nod to move the rams?

personally, i wouldn't object to making a stadium there anyway and letting it be some kind of super bowl home year in year out.

Edited by Tank

i think kroenke has already broken ground at hollywood park. what happens if he doesn't get the nod to move the rams?

personally, i wouldn't object to making a stadium there anyway and letting it be some kind of super bowl home year in year out.

It's a big site with lots of commercial development. I believe the work has started on the other areas but not the stadium yet.

If the rams stay in Saint Louis they can use the space for other things.

I was reading a article is that the nfl is gonna move the relocation date up to i think December (before su per bowl). Nfl isn't going to allow the teams to decide (if approved by owners) in the middle of the year to avoid conflict in their current cities

Rams and chargers are away from their home fields the last 2 weeks of the season.

Edited by nando714

• 1 month later...
Los Angeles expansion is the hot topic at NFL owners’ meeting

This is what is going to happen IMO.  You can't get 3 teams in LA.  Just can't.  That might kill the Carson project.  

Kroenke has the best plan, since he has the financing and land.  Even though St Louis might be giving the Rams the best stadium plan.  Kroenke is also worth $7.6 billion according to Forbes.  

So this is what I think is going to happen.  

Kroenke will be given the green light.  But he will have to pay the Chargers a territorial infringement fee of $500 million, that will go towards the new stadium in San Diego.  Raiders will be told to sit quiet for now.  The league will get a big relocation fee from Kroenke also, like a billion.  So he pays $1.5 billion + $1ish billion for the stadium or $2.5 billion est.  According to Forbes, Cowboys are valued at $4 billion.  Rams at $1.45 billion.  A team in LA with it's own stadium will be closer to if not more than the Cowboys, see Clippers.  So $1.45 + $2.5 is still less than the $4 billion+ it will probably be worth.  

So Kroenke will get a new stadium in Los Angeles.  The Chargers will get a new stadium in San Diego.  Which means St Louis will suck it.  But it's better than San Diego and St Louis sucking it.  Raiders will be in limbo.  

Then the NFL will announce their plan to expand to Britain.  British Raiders, entire new territory for them.  Of course Britain will have to build a stadium or partially for them.  

2 new territories, LA and Britain.  3 new stadiums.  1 suck it.  With a huge new expansion of the client base.  

Los Angeles expansion is the hot topic at NFL owners’ meeting

This is what is going to happen IMO.  You can't get 3 teams in LA.  Just can't.  That might kill the Carson project.  

Kroenke has the best plan, since he has the financing and land.  Even though St Louis might be giving the Rams the best stadium plan.  Kroenke is also worth $7.6 billion according to Forbes.  

So this is what I think is going to happen.  

Kroenke will be given the green light.  But he will have to pay the Chargers a territorial infringement fee of $500 million, that will go towards the new stadium in San Diego.  Raiders will be told to sit quiet for now.  The league will get a big relocation fee from Kroenke also, like a billion.  So he pays $1.5 billion + $1ish billion for the stadium or $2.5 billion est.  According to Forbes, Cowboys are valued at $4 billion.  Rams at $1.45 billion.  A team in LA with it's own stadium will be closer to if not more than the Cowboys, see Clippers.  So $1.45 + $2.5 is still less than the $4 billion+ it will probably be worth.  

So Kroenke will get a new stadium in Los Angeles.  The Chargers will get a new stadium in San Diego.  Which means St Louis will suck it.  But it's better than San Diego and St Louis sucking it.  Raiders will be in limbo.  

Then the NFL will announce their plan to expand to Britain.  British Raiders, entire new territory for them.  Of course Britain will have to build a stadium or partially for them.  

2 new territories, LA and Britain.  3 new stadiums.  1 suck it.  With a huge new expansion of the client base.  

GB, I hope you're right!