• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia leaning towards batting Trout 2nd

WallyWorld

• Scioscia has “put a lot of time into” where to hit Mike Trout this year, and it looks like right now he’s leaning towards keeping him in the No. 2 spot. “The 2 spot for him, especially with our group of guys, really fits us right now.” Matt Joyce can be a fit at the No. 2 spot, allowing Trout to bat third, but Scioscia doesn’t seem like a fan of stacking two lefties at the top (Kole Calhoun and Joyce).

http://aldengonzalez.mlblogs.com/2015/02/19/scioscia-on-hamilton-richards-trout-the-team/

Interesting . . .with Hamilton out, you have to wonder who the hell he think is going to bat cleanup. Freese?? Joyce I guess, but his power is really underwhelming.

Hard to really be optimistic about our lineup right now. 

Not sure I can be on board with that.  Offensively, it's early and it all looks promising to me.  130 starts of Iannetta should give the team an OBP boost. Joyce and Cron should be a monster combo at DH, one on righties, one on lefties.  We are bringing back Pujols, Aybar and Trout.  There's reason to  believe Trout will get even better.  We have Freese coming off a huge second half, it'll be interesting to see what he does in a contract year and fully healthy.  Calhoun should be better too. 

I know the team doesn't have Kendrick anymore and Hamilton's dealing with his usual injury woes.  But I don't see why the team won't be just as good in the batter's box as last year.

It's easy to be optimistic about the future too.  It'll be interesting to see what becomes of Kubitza, Baldoquin, Yarbrough and even guys like Way, Hinshaw and Sherman Johnson.  

I guess I'm just a half-full sort of guy.  

Trout should bat 2nd.  

with howie no longer around, you have a second and third tier of guys left.  

Calhoun is in that second tier and because of his speed, he's stays up top.  Then you've got pujols and iannetta in the second tier as well.  Then everyone else.  

I'd probably hit Iannetta 4th vs. lefties.  Freese also has good splits vs. lefties.  

Not sure who I'd hit 4th vs. rhers.  kind of all the same between Joyce, Iannetta and Freese.   

Not sure I can be on board with that.  Offensively, it's early and it all looks promising to me.  130 starts of Iannetta should give the team an OBP boost. Joyce and Cron should be a monster combo at DH, one on righties, one on lefties.  We are bringing back Pujols, Aybar and Trout.  There's reason to  believe Trout will get even better.  We have Freese coming off a huge second half, it'll be interesting to see what he does in a contract year and fully healthy.  Calhoun should be better too. 

I know the team doesn't have Kendrick anymore and Hamilton's dealing with his usual injury woes.  But I don't see why the team won't be just as good in the batter's box as last year.

It's easy to be optimistic about the future too.  It'll be interesting to see what becomes of Kubitza, Baldoquin, Yarbrough and even guys like Way, Hinshaw and Sherman Johnson.  

I guess I'm just a half-full sort of guy.  

Iannetta has never played in more than 115 games.     Only if he DH's in some 30 games, can he make 130 starts.  

Edited by Angel Oracle