• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Profar expected to miss 2015 with shoulder injury

Richard

Barry Larking eh?  

and Dallas Mcpherson was the next Jim Thome.  

Profar's talent is without question and he's quite young still.  22 years old tomorrow in fact.  He's had a couple of nice seasons in the minors while being one of the youngest players for his level.  Which is also great.  

But he's got a long way to go before I start entertaining Barry Larkin comps for him.  

I know it's been debated on here before, but I never really got the Profar hype. Seemed like his ceiling has always been a good but not great MI.

A lot of his prospect status was based on his youth (being younger than the league average), and the ability to play SS.    He was thought to have above average power for a SS and a plus defensive profile at SS.  Now his being able to play SS may be in question and he will have missed two years of development time.  He'll be 23 with less than 500 PAs above AA and zero time .vs live competition since his age 20 season when he finally does get cleared to play again.  Pretty rough go for the kid.