• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oklahoma GOP stepping up their game

nate

But a blistering outcry from teachers, students, and the general public over this attempt to remodel state education — including the creation of a petition on Change.org titled "Don't Ban AP Courses" — has forced lawmakers to backtrack on the wording of the bill, which Fisher said would be changed before it goes before the full House.

"We're trying to fix the bill," Fisher told The Oklahoman on Wednesday. "It was very poorly worded and was incredibly ambiguous, and we didn't realize that, so it's been misinterpreted. We're going to clear it up so folks will know exactly what we're trying to accomplish, and it's not to hurt AP. We're very supportive of the AP program."

Fisher did not elaborate on the changes that would be made, and did not respond to VICE News' requests for comment on Thursday.

https://news.vice.com/article/oklahoma-reconsiders-nixing-ap-us-history-for-focusing-on-what-is-bad-about-america

From a newsweek article.

http://www.newsweek.com/whats-driving-conservatives-mad-about-new-history-course-264592

Perhaps most dispiriting to Krieger was the framework’s treatment of World War II. “There’s no discussion whatsoever of the valor or heroism of American soldiers,” Krieger said on the call. He then quoted from the framework: “Wartime experiences such as the internment of Japanese Americans, challenges to civil liberties, debates over race and segregation, and the decision to drop the atomic bomb raised questions about American values.”

How dare they raise philosophical questions and point out possible double standards in a history book.  They should be ashamed!!!

I'm not saying that neo-cons are always responsible for it. repubs and demos are the exact same in terms of what they do. I was referring to the general neo-con populace, not just in government.

understood 

i eagerly await your blasting of the libs 

Oklahoma sends people to Washington like Ernest Istook, who once proposed tattooing sex offenders, effectively branding them for life like the Nazis used to do to Jews sent to concentration camps.

About Oklahoma politicians, a true story: I was sitting in a legislative committee meeting waiting for the committee to begin consideration of my agency's annual budget. The bill discussed before ours had to do with regulating the amount of window tint that was allowable on motor vehicles. One member of the committee had an RV with heavily tinted windows, so RVs were exempted. Another had a pickup with heavily tinted windows, so pickups were excluded. There were no press present at this hearing so this was never publicized, and had I not personally witnessed it I would have found it hard to believe even for Oklahoma.

Some of the representatives and senators, especially those who represented rural areas, had "unique" opinions about things. Several times I was put in the uncomfortable position of trying to modify or temper their beliefs. Ron White once said "You can't fix stupid." I found out that you usually can't reason with it either.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• 2 weeks later...