• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oklahoma GOP stepping up their game

nate

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/oklahoma-gop-wants-outlaw-ap-us-history

We should invade Oklahoma because shit like this is far more dangerous for the American people than ISIS.

Poorly reported issue. There wasn't a single mention of what they found to be unpatriotic.

Modern journalism really blows.

One of my college classmates is an administrator at the University of Tulsa. He has a lot to say about this on Facebook.

Having lived in Oklahoma and seen first hand the ignorance of local politicians, this is only the tip of the iceberg. Their stupidity is legendary. I had a job once monitoring legislation, that often required me to meet with members of the State Legislature and the Governor's staff. It was an eye opener to say the least.

They probably went to school in Oklahoma.

Or read the newspaper in Oklahoma City. It is where most of the locals get their political opinions. Read the election day issue of the Daily Oklahoman. It reads like a listing of every Republican running for office, when you read their endorsements.

The only time I ever saw them endorse a Democrat was when the Republican candidate was facing felony charges prior to the election.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

poor job all the way around on this issue. 

republicans digging in and wanting to change something because of a lack of patriotism, without citing any specifics.

"journalists" reporting on this issue without citing any specific references what has been deemed a lack of patriotism.

at this point i have no idea why anyone should be upset, nor why i should care about eliminating AP history in the oklahoma school system.

I'm really interested to know what was "unpatriotic". Did the textbook include the time when the CIA killed 83+ Guatemalans and mutilated hundreds more by infecting them with fatal STD's to study its effects on the human body? Or the time the US Public Health Service did essentially the same thing to 400 black people right here in the US up until 1972,(Tuskegee syphilis experiment)?

Most of the time neo-cons see atrocious crimes committed by the US as justified acts of "freedom" or were for the greater good of humanity and therefore shouldn't be questioned/discussed. Their "my country right or wrong" attitude is not only sickening but extremely dangerous.

i hope you realize that many atrocities in Guatemala also occurred when there was a non-neo-con in the White House

This seems perfectly fine to me.  You don't need history if you are from Oklahoma anyway.  All you need is to see a picture of a pigs ass once and the rest is history. 

This coming from a guy living in Texas. 

Funny, when I lived in OK I used to hear similar things about people in Texas.

Poorly reported issue. There wasn't a single mention of what they found to be unpatriotic.

Modern journalism really blows.

From a newsweek article.

http://www.newsweek.com/whats-driving-conservatives-mad-about-new-history-course-264592

Perhaps most dispiriting to Krieger was the framework’s treatment of World War II. “There’s no discussion whatsoever of the valor or heroism of American soldiers,” Krieger said on the call. He then quoted from the framework: “Wartime experiences such as the internment of Japanese Americans, challenges to civil liberties, debates over race and segregation, and the decision to drop the atomic bomb raised questions about American values.”