• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Halos start ST for pitchers/catchers

Angel Oracle

More like pitchers and catcher. With Conger gone, hopefully someone steps up as a solid back up catcher this Spring. 

Carlos Perez might fit the bill offensively, but he doesn't seem to be a great defensive catcher. 

Anyways, I liked Conger but he is an awful hitter and he makes too many idiotic errors. 

Edited by failos

he's been my sleeper pick from the time that we assembled the current mix to compete for the 2b job.  

Carlos Perez might fit the bill offensively, but he doesn't seem to be a great defensive catcher. 

Anyways, I liked Conger but he is an awful hitter and he makes too many idiotic errors. 

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite.  My understanding is that he's excellent defensively but probably just capable offensively.  

Question though, is Rutledge capable of being the utility guy, if Featherston wins the 2B job?

Or is 2B Rutledge's main spot?

He played SS for the Rockies last year when Tulo went down. As far as I could tell he did a good job. Had him on my fantasy team for a while. 

Interesting take on Featherston. I've scouted his videos extensively from before his arrival. Every way I dissect it, he's going to be the Angels starting 2B. But that's just from a tools and circumstance profile.

Rutledge doesn't fit in my equation because even though I see nothing in his skill set that says he's a starting 2B, Scioscia will almost certainly slot him there.