• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Breakfast Club: 30 years later

Tank

It's probably important to note that Paul Gleason, who played the character "Bender," was in the third season premiere episode of Miami Vice with Liam Neeson.  

Also worth noting is that the character "Carl the Janitor" was played by John Kapelos (he was also in "Sixteen Candles."  He too was in an episode of Miami Vice .  The episode was called "Milk Run."  He played a defense attorney.  Crockett tracks him down at a bar where he's trying to pick up the chick bartender.  He says to her:  "Ya know their making sex a misdemeanor?...The more ya miss it, da meaner ya get."

As a Miami Vice scholar, what are your thoughts on Don Johnson show Nash Bridges?

I only ask because it was set in SF, so whenever I would come across it flipping through channels I would see if I could spot the location.

Also had a sweet Barracuda.

As a Miami Vice scholar, what are your thoughts on Don Johnson show Nash Bridges?

I only ask because it was set in SF, so whenever I would come across it flipping through channels I would see if I could spot the location.

Also had a sweet Barracuda.

best part of NB was watching him drive in the Sunset, make a right turn, and be south of Market

To be certain, Nash Bridges wasn't the greatest show ever.  At the time, I appreciated that Don Johnson was back and in an hour long format, playing a detective.  That's pretty much where my appreciation stopped.

It would have been a much better show if there weren't the stupid family-oriented story lines.  I hated the softer tone from Vice, but it was inevitable.  I did not like the daughter being on the police force.  I did not like the old dad.  I think there was an ex-wife or something thrown in?  

Also, Cheech was a bit of a cartoon.  He was underutilized.  

Further, it was not fun to see DJ had gained so much weight and wearing those bright and goofy vests/girdles.  He looked like the Joker.  

I was happy to see Philip Michael Thomas in a couple episodes.  

That show must have cost a grip to produce with all the location shoots and DJ's massive pay, so to think it ran as long as it did is a minor miracle.  

My comparison to Miami Vice isn't fair, but that's the problem with DJ having once appeared in the greatest show of all time.