• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pete Rose on Trout

Blarg

I understand Trout is an Angel so people are going to be quick to defend him but wow at the people who are making arguments that Pete Rose doesn't know what he's talking about.

If he is comparing Trout to Adam Dunn than he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about regarding this.

If he is comparing Trout to Adam Dunn than he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about regarding this.

Exactly.  Rose is a legend and his opinions should be respected....BUT when he starts using comparisons like Dunn, he just comes off like the jilted jerk he is.

I think Rose has a valid point but I believe Trout will make the necessary adjustments in ST. I don't view Rose's opinion as a bad thing. Trout is still in the toddler phase of his career and there is no reason to compare stats with Rose. They are two different type of hitters coming from two different times in baseball.

Rose is a nobody ... good stuff

Sorry, but I just don't get most of your responses to me.

I'll explain this one to you. First you called James Shields a nobody. Then you called the next actor to play Spider Man a nobody. Now you are calling Pete Rose a nobody. So, I then said, I am a fan of your consistency. Hope that makes sense, if not we will have Rico draw some stick figure cartoons (this I don't expect you to understand) explaining it.

Edited by Stradling

489 reasons. That is 120 more strikeouts that Joe DiMaggio's entire career. Since people want to measure him against the all time great center fielders, let's start here.

That's doesn't mean he won't be a better player than DiMaggio, it means he has a different skill set, as did Pete Rose. I however think it takes more than one year of very high strike out totals to declare he is strike out prone.

again, the point of his comparison is what I am arguing.  He shows lack of insight to make that argument.  As if he shouldn't have been MVP because he "strikes out a lot"

It is stupid.

I think part of his commentary is the MVP has now sunk to giving it to a guy that lead the league in strikeouts as his one offensive category of dominance because as we all know RBIs are a false stat.

Edited by notti