• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

US Little League champs stripped of title

Troll Daddy

This story gets way better

“There’s nothing these kids have done to have their championship erased,” Jackson said. “I hope the Las Vegas team will have the strength of character not to accept.”

Rev Jesse Jackson

jesse jackson and strength of character? interesting combination.

The McCutchen article was a great read and a lot of truth in his words.

I found little to no relevance to the situation at hand. Basically the people who assembled the Jackie Robinson League team excluded players who were eligible in favor of some who were not in order to strengthen their team. Their opponents did not. They violated the rules to gain a competitive advantage, which deprived not only some of their own players, but those on the teams they faced, of a fair and equal opportunity to compete for a title.

Why does that make you feel any different? It's tough for poor kids to get discovered?

That has nothing to do with what happened.

Just a new perspective. The JRW incident is only a part of a bigger picture and problem. I'd like to see more black people in the sport too.

I found little to no relevance to the situation at hand. Basically the people who assembled the Jackie Robinson League team excluded players who were eligible in favor of some who were not in order to strengthen their team. Their opponents did not. They violated the rules to gain a competitive advantage, which deprived not only some of their own players, but those on the teams they faced, of a fair and equal opportunity to compete for a title.

they excluded players who were eligible for those who were not.  That is the biggest crime.  As all the people say feel sorry for the kids of JR LL.  How about those three kids who lost their spots on the team and dream to play in the LL WS just because they brought in the ringers!

ALL of the kids involved in this lost: The ones on the JR team, the ones that were excluded, the ones on the Vegas team that were the legit winners but will reap none of the accolades or perks of it. There aren't any winners here. I feel sorry for all of them. And yes, that includes the JR kids, because they went out there and played hard, and they shouldn't have lost due to the unscrupulous actions of the adults who were supposed to be watching out for them.

And McCutchen's article is spot on. Good players from all socioeconomic levels should have the chance to succeed and they don't...that should change.

The McCutchen article was a great read and a lot of truth in his words.

and not once called out JR little league for cheating.

Little League Pledge 

I trust in God 

I love my country 

And will respect its laws 

I will play fair 

And strive to win 

But win or lose 

I will always do my best

they failed

and not once called out JR little league for cheating.

Little League Pledge

I trust in God

I love my country

And will respect its laws

I will play fair

And strive to win

But win or lose

I will always do my best

they failed

Awesome post Lou ... you're the ultimate holy roller as always. I don't believe McCutchen's article was about right or wrong. LL already made that decision.

You also come across as if you're accusing the kids for cheating. I hope that's not the case.

Edited by Troll Daddy

well, while i'm not concerned how i come across to you, i won't apologize for my ethics and morals.  

you tried to serve that article up as a different viewpoint of what occurred, when in fact AM never once took those responsible for cheating  (which is exactly what occurred) to task for their actions.  I'm sorry, but i don't give people a pass for blatantly breaking the rules at the expense of others.  i also don't care if you're ok with that. Excusing that type of behavior because someone has it tougher than most

others isn't what organizations like Little League Baseball is all about. 

as far as the kids on the team are concerned, my comment about them was:

"kids know what kids are in their region. if a kid that i hadn't played against all year is suddenly on my all-star team, it would have been obvious

i'm not buying "the kids didn't know anything"

I stand by that statement.

Edited by Lou

You don't honestly think 11 and 12 year olds in the inner city are privvy to the exact details of the district borders, or to the home addresses of every member of their team? Or that they know all of the thousands of kids in the greater Chicago area who play baseball? The GCA is a huge place; these kids wouldn't be hanging out in the neighborhood or going to school together even if the districting were correct. Not to mention that it's a place where people do move around a lot so it's actually reasonable for new kids to show up midyear.

IMHO it's not justified to think that children premeditated this cheating. If it's a situation like Danny Almonte where he was 15 and was told to say he was 12? Yeah, that's on him, because he knows how old he is. In this case? Absolutely not.

When I was 12 and on a sports team, if a new kid showed up on the team, my reaction would have been "well, he was allowed on the team. The coach let him be here. It must be okay." They league changed the borders; the kids who played and their parents were told that those borders were correct. Why would they have had any reason to question that? Kids at that age trust the adults around them to do the right thing. They are taught to listen to their coaches and to trust that their coaches are doing right by them and there's nothing here that would have made a kid think otherwise.

Should the adults in this case be banned from LL forever? Yes, of course. But this isn't on the kids.

Edited by AngelsSurfer

Little League doesn't change it's boundaries after the regular season ends and before All-star competition begins

While the season is going on, kids know which players will be eligible for their league's all-star team - it's the kids they've played against the entire season. They don't pluck ringers from another league ( and deny a deserving kid that should have been able to enjoy representing his league as an all-star)

I played little league growing up and only made the city playoffs once. To this day I didn't know how they came up with the all star teams to represent each league or city. I grew up in Anaheim and they have a few different leagues. If you would have told me they create steam out of all those leagues I wouldn't have been surprised.

I played little league growing up and only made the city playoffs once. To this day I didn't know how they came up with the all star teams to represent each league or city. I grew up in Anaheim and they have a few different leagues. If you would have told me they create steam out of all those leagues I wouldn't have been surprised.

each league has their own all-star team

my city had 6 leagues.  if a player from a different league ( even the league that shared the same ballpark) had been on the same all-star team as i was, there is no way i wouldn't have noticed