• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

eBay

mp170.6

i didn't suggest holding on to them because i think they'll increase in value.

it was a way for mp to get out of selling the items for her.  Put the onus on her.

Onus, idiots

Lots of onus.

You're a better guy than me, mp. I wouldn't touch this situation.

Edited by deepdrive

You're a better guy than me, mp. I wouldn't touch this situation.

Nah, I wouldn't say that... had I known the circumstances, I might have reconsidered.

Do you guys ever encounter people who, in their minds, are practically begging you to lie to them?  That's the impression I get with this woman.  I think she would rather I steal all the money, so long as I tell her the miniature airplanes sold for $125+ each.  She would probably be happier that way. 

(And no, I'm not about to steal anything)

i have sold stuff on craigslist, but i wont bother for less than $100.

i'd just rather not deal with the hassle of setting up a meeting, plus dealing with craigslist people, for anything under triple digits.

The craigslist experience in Wisconsin is totally different.

The craigslist experience in Wisconsin is totally different.

Come try it in San Francisco - it's... interesting.

But like I said, depends on the item/amount.

I had a table I didn't need any more, probably cost me $100 new when I was in college.

I put it on CL asking for $50, nothing. Bunch of emails but they were all no-shows.

$25, people come over and they haggle and no one buys it.

$400. Slammed, was sold within the hour.

sell it on AW.com

I hear that you can get some really good jerseys here if you check the posts in the main forum.

To answer the original question, I don't know that there is a minimum value for making selling worth it. I have put some items up for $1 just to see where the bidding will go. Beforehand I had already weighed the items and calculated shipping. I had a broken radio out of an old car that I just wanted to get out of the garage, got something like ten bids on it and shipped it to Miami. You never know what will sell or what people will pay for it. I have had items end with no bids that I just knew would sell, and others like the radio above that I didn't even expect one bid on.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Craigslist works great if you want to sell locally. I have bought and sold things on Craigslist, and I have also offered things for free that people have just come and gotten. I had a chair that I picked up for free for my stepdaughter, but she didn't want it and I didn't have room for it. I put it up on Craigslist for free and a man who had very little money picked it up for his disabled wife. Glad that some good came of it. Sold my couch when we were buying a new one. Same thing with my old washer and dryer, had multiple calls on those.

Craigslist is ideal for things that are too big or too expensive to ship. For smaller stuff it limits your market. eBay is like a giant flea market. I have literally shipped stuff all over the world that I have sold on eBay - sent a videotape to Norway, sent an aircraft model to Japan, have also bought things from international sellers.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Wait. What?

I think the same thinking holds true for professionals.  Some people think you have to pay more to get good ___________.   If a doctor charged minimum wage, he/she would be assumed to be incompetent or not a doctor at all.   

Probably the same psychology with mrwicked's table. 

My favorite part about craigslist is the people who are willing to drive 2 hours to meet you to pick up the item...and then try and haggle you down. We were selling some kickboxing bags for $200. A good price. Some guys drove down from the valley, and then tried to tell us they only had $180...take it or leave it. So, thanked them for their time, told them to have a nice drive home, and walked back to my car. I almost tacked on an additional $20 for making me wait 15 minutes while they went to the ATM.

Or the free stuff.

We just threw a bunch of stuff for free on there and people drove all the way from Redlands or the desert areas for a $20 or $40 table. They spent more on gas and time than the items were worth.

We got a lot of thank yous and god blesses because the people were struggling or helping friends or family going through divorce, etc. That part felt good to help.

Or the free stuff.

We just threw a bunch of stuff for free on there and people drove all the way from Redlands or the desert areas for a $20 or $40 table. They spent more on gas and time than the items were worth.

We got a lot of thank yous and god blesses because the people were struggling or helping friends or family going through divorce, etc. That part felt good to help.

This. The stuff I gave away, the people who picked it up were clearly struggling economically. The guy who picked up the recliner for his disabled wife was driving a pickup that looked like it barely made the trip to the house, and he was very grateful to get something that she could use. We gave away a game table to a man who said that it was the only thing his kids would get for Christmas. Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

This. The stuff I gave away, the people who picked it up were clearly struggling economically. The guy who picked up the recliner for his disabled wife was driving a pickup that looked like it barely made the trip to the house, and he was very grateful to get something that she could use. We gave away a game table to a man who said that it was the only thing his kids would get for Christmas.

Hey, what about some kind of usable item donations for this summer's fanfest in SoCal? Chuck?

I'm just wondering if wicked is joking, playing into the SF/ Bay Area pretentious douche stereotype, or if he actually sold his $50 table for $400 to some idiot.

Because holy shit if he did, kudos.

If it's just a joke about SF pretension, I smile.

Totally serious - it was the strangest thing ever.

I think when I asked for $50, people just assumed "meh, another cheap used table."

But when I jacked the price people assumed "oh some rich dude in the fancy part of town selling something he doesn't need, this is gonna be a deal."

So now often times when I have sold something on craigslist since learning how this works, things have sold for more than I originally paid. Even like 7 years later. 

People are so strange.

And the best part is - they sell super fast and no hassles/haggling.

I don't understand it but that's how it's been for me.

Edited by mrwicked