• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fast Food Burger Taste Test, From Wendy’s to Five Guys

gotbeer

How is the Farmer Boys restaurant?  I passed by a 'coming soon' banner the other day in the San Fernando Valley.  I've never heard of them before and a quick Google search shows them to be primarily located in the OC area and their specialty appears to be 'naturally' produced burgers that have won some awards.  This would be the first location in the Valley.  Any good?

I like them pretty well. My first exposure to FB was when they opened a restaurant in the neighborhood where I work. They passed out flyers to businesses in the area (including us) and offered free lunch for two consecutive days. Felt a bit out of place, as I was one of about half a dozen people in the place not in Air Force camos (word apparently got out at Nellis AFB). A bit pricey to eat there very often, but their food is good and the portions are generous.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

I miss In N' Out, having left SoCal and moving to the Portland area.  Tried Five Guys and won't be going back.  Burger was OK but too expensive for what I'm getting.  If you are ever in the Portland area, try Killer Burgers.  Not fast food per se, so it costs a few bucks more than a fast food combo.  Probably the best burgers I've ever eaten.

Five Guys is incredibly over priced. Went there with some coworkers a couple months back and we spent $15 each for a burger, fries, and a drink. Went to In n Out last night and got two double doubles, two fries, two drinks, and a cheeseburger for $17.

Five Guys isn't bad but the burgers taste like something I could make at home on a grill.

Totally. Good burger but still just a burger. But $27 for two people.

To me Wendy's burgers are actually pretty good for a change. I'll stop and get a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, add pickles, and it's pretty much all I need. Their 1/4 pound ones are pretty good quality as well if you're looking for a bigger meal, and if you ask for hot fresh fries they'll do it for you.

I have never had a Habit burger I disliked, and I love that they have onion rings. Always hot and fresh. I suppose maybe if you take it home, it'll cool down, but the same could be said for In N Out.

Haven't been to 5 Guys in a while, will have to stop by there sometime soon. But I do remember it just being way too expensive. If I'm gonna spend that much I think I'd rather go for Fatburger. Their burgers and fat fries are SOOOO good. Some of the best tasting burger meat I've ever had. And I love the relish they put on the burgers. *drool*

I have little to do with all the INO talk on here. I do think that a few of you use me as a resource on here or give me a hard time about your perception of the fries. But for the most part, people just like us. You hit the nail on the head, it is a cross between the quality of the product and the fact that we can offer it at a very good price. I guess that's what you can do when you have no debt.