• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rickie Weeks?

KevinJ14

From MLBTR:

• Angels: The Halos are currently projected to use a combination of Grant GreenJosh Rutledge and Johnny Giavotella at second in 2015. None of those three offer much upside with the bat — though assistant GM Matt Klentak spoke very optimistically about Green when he was a guest on the MLBTR Podcast last fall — nor do any project to be elite (or even above-average) defenders. If the Angels are going with an open competition at second base, adding Weeks to the mix would seem a reasonable course of action.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/02/finding-a-home-for-rickie-weeks.html

I'd take Weeks over what we have now..........I mean, he was once really pretty good -- has his skills deteriorated that quickly?

What's his contact status -- he's a F/A?

some one will pick him up..........

he once had decent speed, better than average power, sometime had trouble keeping his BA up and probably struck out a lot ----average glove, not great but decent at 2B.

worth a flyer if he's not getting offers elsewhere -- I wouldn't over - pay for him but if he's anywhere close to what he once was......he's probably better all around than are options at 2B now.

but we wouldn't have traded Howie for Weeks

Precisely yes but I was simply trying to point out they seem like similar players in their age. And production wise, Howie is far more consistent.

I don't see how this move would fit in with the long term goals we've chosen.

Edited by laagamer