• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A little help: top Angels games of all-time

10)  Late Sept 2004 critical road game at Texas, Curtis Pride doubles in the 9th to tie the game, and Glaus homers in extra innings to win the game and set up the showdown with the A's for the AL West title.

The Saturday game was a great one as well. Angels fell behind 2-0 and Vlad demolished one off Zito to tie it(and Solidified his MVP). A's take back the lead and Erstad doubles off the wall to drive in 2 to tie it, and sets up GA for the go ahead RBI.

http://angelswin.com/20_11_moments.htm - #14

The August 2000 Erstad game was my favorite non postseason game.

How about the Trout/Pujols bow and arrow game against crooked hat just last summer?

There have been some incredibly memorable postseason losses in the Scioscia era:

1. Doug Eddings/AJP pulling the ol' Chicago flimflam. To this day, I hold Josh Paul to be completely not at fault. That was a good acting job, and horrendous umpiring.

2. Losing one of the Sox playoff games on a botched suicide squeeze.

3. Bunting on multiple occasions to get to Josh Hamilton in 2014... those pathetic swings!

Wash Rinse Repeat

The August 2000 Erstad game was my favorite non postseason game.

How about the Trout/Pujols bow and arrow game against crooked hat just last summer?

There have been some incredibly memorable postseason losses in the Scioscia era:

1. Doug Eddings/AJP pulling the ol' Chicago flimflam. To this day, I hold Josh Paul to be completely not at fault. That was a good acting job, and horrendous umpiring.

2. Losing one of the Sox playoff games on a botched suicide squeeze.

3. Bunting on multiple occasions to get to Josh Hamilton in 2014... those pathetic swings!

Can't say I agree on Josh Paul. I've always held him equally at fault. Yes, Eddings did a horrific job assuming rather than umpiring but Josh, dude? Just tag him and end any doubt. Never give a bad umpire the opportunity to make an unnecessary decision.

Edited by LAA Road Tripper

A personal favorite of mine was Weaver vs Kershaw in 2011 at Dodger Stadium. June 26th to be exact. Both were on their game. Weaver went 7, gave up 1 run. Kershaw went 9. Vernon Wells hit a go ahead homer off Kershaw in the 9th. We then lost the game in the bottom of the 9th on a play at the plate. Bourjos cranked it from RF and beat the runner to the plate. Mathis covered and Dee Gordon apparently got the hand in. Obviously, not an Angels win, but still an amazing matchup of two of the game's best at the time. One week later in Anaheim, same matchup and Weaver out dueled Kershaw who ended up getting blown out. Great week of baseball there.

great game and nice to see people can appreciate a game thats not a win

I would like to add in we would have perhaps had a W in that game had Wells made the catch the inning before he hit the HR

Also questionable whether Dee Gordon got a hand in, but he definitely looked like that star trek guy with the funny glasses and flat top haircut

A memorable series. I believe it was 1979, in Anaheim vs the Yankees.  A 3 game series where the Angels won game 1 in the 9th. Angels win game 2. Then in game 3 Grich hits a walk off to rf to sweep. That series gave momentum to help win the teams first Division Championship. It was like the team had got over the hump from being a door mat to a serious contender.

A memorable series. I believe it was 1979, in Anaheim vs the Yankees.  A 3 game series where the Angels won game 1 in the 9th. Angels win game 2. Then in game 3 Grich hits a walk off to rf to sweep. That series gave momentum to help win the teams first Division Championship. It was like the team had got over the hump from being a door mat to a serious contender.

I thought about that, but it was more a great series than a great win, Friday's game saw Ryan take a no-hitter into the 9th, Saturday's game saw a rally from 6 runs down to win (including Baylor's 9th inning game tying 3 run HR off the foul pole), and Sunday's game with Grich's HR winning the game.

My quote function isn't working....but the game Stradling referenced (comeback vs Det, 12-5 in the bottom of the 9th) was actually played on 8-29-86.

I left in the 7th inning.....listened to the end on KMPC driving back to Laguna Beach..

It was my favorite game up until game 6 in 2002, which I didn't leave..never left another baseball game early after 8-29-86.

Loved Al Conin's call of that bottom of the 9th.

A memorable series. I believe it was 1979, in Anaheim vs the Yankees. A 3 game series where the Angels won game 1 in the 9th. Angels win game 2. Then in game 3 Grich hits a walk off to rf to sweep. That series gave momentum to help win the teams first Division Championship. It was like the team had got over the hump from being a door mat to a serious contender.

I remember this series as a kid. Early July, might have been going into the All Star Break but don't quote me on that. Actually, in Game 1 Nolan Ryan had a no-hitter going until Reggie Jackson broke it up with a single with one out in the 9th. I was at this game. I remember it was a little controversial because they charged CF Rick Miller with an error earlier in the game that could have easily been called a hit. Then in Game 2, Don Baylor hit a game-tying 3-run HR off the left field foul pole with 2 out in the 9th for the tie then Merv Rettenmund knocked in the game-winner in the 12th. That set up Grich on Sunday. I can still recall listening to the game by the pool. Two outs, down by a run, nobody on, a base hit and then Bobby went opposite field for the HR. Good times.

Edited by LAA Road Tripper

There was a game in Texas in September 2004 where Vlad hit a chest high fastball damn near a foot off the plate inside for a home run to left. That was the game that started his ridiculous run to end that season. I just remember a feeling after that game of "We got this. Vlad is going into full Hulk mode." It exemplified one of the things that only Angels and Expos fans really understood... Vlad could hit this ridiculous level for a few weeks at a time where you just knew he'd destroy whoever was pitching on any given night.

Edited by Don

I don't remember what year it was, but I remember watching the Angels in Oakland and Washburn was absolutely dealing (as he usually did against the A's). I think it was either 1-1 or 0-0 until Salmon hit a home run down the left field line in the 9th or 10th. Probably my favorite game I've been in attendance at.

that was 2002. It was later in the season and I remember it being one of the first moments that year where it felt like something special was starting to happen. 

I'd say the Trout GS off of Chris Sale is the best post 2009 game.

Hard to top game 3 of the 2009 ALDS in Boston.

Game 4 against the Yankees in 2002 deserves more love - that 8 run fifth inning where they sent 13 men to the plate. It was one of those 'what in the world is going on' moments I'll never forget.

I thought about that, but it was more a great series than a great win, Friday's game saw Ryan take a no-hitter into the 9th, Saturday's game saw a rally from 6 runs down to win (including Baylor's 9th inning game tying 3 run HR off the foul pole), and Sunday's game with Grich's HR winning the game.

That Saturday game when Baylor hit the foul pole to win it gets my vote.