• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A little help: top Angels games of all-time

How about from my favorite player all time, Garrett Anderson's 10 RBI Game.

This is one of my favorites, too.  It would have been a great game regardless, but for me personally, it had added value because a) it happened on my birthday, and b ) it was against the Yankees, and I was at the game with my best friend, who's a huge Yanks fan.

Edited by jsnpritchett

It wasn't a botched throw it was a regular throw he just let it pop out of his glove, no backing up unless he was literally on the mound with KRod would have helped.

I was visiting my brother that week in the Bay area and we went to that game. Horrible. Eric Chavez had tied it in the 7th with a 3-run bomb off Brendan Donnelly. Then the dropped throw from Jose Molina. We had a good look at Jason Kendall scoring from third, as we were sitting down the left-field line. Frankie just sat there on the ground behind the mound for the longest time with his head down as the A's went berserk.

The krod wild pitch to i think benjie but maybe jose when he undrehand threw it behind him without looking to get the last out at the.

2002 had so many and they probably take all. But the 2009 game 3 vs boston is pretty hard to beat too. It obviously wasnt the big series, but coming from behind to finally beat boston was great. And was happy as hell for vlad.

Top ten in my mind:

1)  2002 WS game 6 at home, is still the biggest comeback in an WS elimination game.

2)  2002 WS game 7 at home, the zenith is finally reached.

3)  2002 ALCS game 5 at home, AK's 3 HRs finally send the Halos to their first WS.

4)  2009 ALDS game 3 on the road, the Halos finally eliminate the Red Sux and sweep them in 3 games to boot.

5)  2002 ALDS game 4 at home, the Skanks are eliminated.

6)  1982 Sept game at home vs KC, Downing destroys the LF fence and Lynn takes away a HR, and call-up Sconiers has a walkoff single in the bottom of the 9th. 

7)  Nolan Ryan sets still standing MLB single season record, at home, with 383rd K vs the Twins in 1973.

8)  Clyde Wright pitches the first ever Angel Stadium no-hitter against the A's in 1970.

9)  Sept 1978 DH at home vs KC, the Halos sweep them to pull within 2.5 games of the AL West lead, the closest they had ever been that late in the season. 

10)  Late Sept 2004 critical road game at Texas, Curtis Pride doubles in the 9th to tie the game, and Glaus homers in extra innings to win the game and set up the showdown with the A's for the AL West title.

Just a regular season game in an otherwise bad season, but a game I attended in 1983 was one of the best I've been to. Reggie Jackson had the flu but came off the bench in the 8th inning to launch a 3-run bomb and tie the score vs Toronto 3-3. In the previous inning Doug DeCinces had broken up a no-hitter by Luis Leal with a double off the wall. After Jackson's homer, DeCinces hit a 2-run shot and the Angels won 5-3.

It's the only time I saw Reggie hit a home run in person.

One of the best Angels games I've ever been to was against Greinke and the Royals. Both Joe Saunders and Greinke pitched a complete game and the Angels won 1-0 with the hated GMJ scoring the only run off a sacrifice from Figgins I think it was.  Outstanding pitching performances from both of them. It was definitely the best pitching I've ever witnessed in person.

August 18, 2000 in Yankee Stadium. Home run in the top of the 11th. Angels win 9-8.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA200008180.shtml

lol, now i feel like a super nerd for remembering it that closely

I remember seeing it at my buddies place after work. Skank fans giving him an ovation for the catch.

Ersty was amazing that year. Did everything, just had poor pitching

Jeff,

Almost all the games people are mentioning in this thread are included here: http://angelswin.com/greatest_moments.aspx

Can't wait to read your article!

To me, this is still our best feature to date. 

I know this may come across bias to most, but there is nothing online to rival this project and content. 

My quote function isn't working....but the game Stradling referenced (comeback vs Det, 12-5 in the bottom of the 9th) was actually played on 8-29-86.

I left in the 7th inning.....listened to the end on KMPC driving back to Laguna Beach..

It was my favorite game up until game 6 in 2002, which I didn't leave..never left another baseball game early after 8-29-86.

This has all been helpful so far guys. Keep 'em coming.

By the way, it turns out this is now "Greatest games" so we're only talking about the victories.

No love from you guys for the only perfect game in franchise history? There have only been about 23 or 24 perfect games in history, you know.

It's No. 16 on our list, Jeff.

I think part of the issue with that one, however, is that very few probably even saw it. It was on the road, final game of a mediocre 81-81 season. And with the way games were televised back then (i.e. sparingly), there's a chance this one wasn't even on (though it probably was considering it was on a Sunday afternoon). 

And it's not attached to a great player like Nolan Ryan or Vlad Guerrero. Mike Witt was a very good pitcher, but he's hardly celebrated in baseball lore.

All of that said, damn straight it's one of the greatest games in Angels history. Outside of our list, however, you just don't ever see/hear much about it.

The krod wild pitch to i think benjie but maybe jose when he undrehand threw it behind him without looking to get the last out at the.

2002 had so many and they probably take all. But the 2009 game 3 vs boston is pretty hard to beat too. It obviously wasnt the big series, but coming from behind to finally beat boston was great. And was happy as hell for vlad.

I tore my shoulder high fiving my son after that game. His hand has on ice for days.

The August 2000 Erstad game was my favorite non postseason game. 

How about the Trout/Pujols bow and arrow game against crooked hat just last summer?

There have been some incredibly memorable postseason losses in the Scioscia era:

1. Doug Eddings/AJP pulling the ol' Chicago flimflam.  To this day, I hold Josh Paul to be completely not at fault.  That was a good acting job, and horrendous umpiring.

2. Losing one of the Sox playoff games on a botched suicide squeeze.

3. Bunting on multiple occasions to get to Josh Hamilton in 2014... those pathetic swings!