• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More changes from Manfred

laagamer

So, we're working on clocks for the pitcher, eliminating the shift (for no reason) and switching up the host for the All Star game.

Cool.

Can the A's have a new stadium yet?

No, and soon we will have teams in the Australian baseball playoffs and the Caribbean series claiming our cities as home markets and the games will be blacked out.

I like the home field advantage thing.  Its the only all star game where you actually have a reason to watch.  Unlike the crap that is the NFL pro bowl, NBA all star weekend, and the NHL all star game.

If you're going to use something to determine home field advantage in the World Series, let it be the overall record in interleague play, when the games actually count for something.

If you're going to use something to determine home field advantage in the World Series, let it be the overall record in interleague play, when the games actually count for something.

Then the All Star game has to count for something other then an extra 25 thousand dollar bonus to the players if they win.  Its kind of nice watching the best players go out there and actually play for something.  And not to mention the MLB all star game is way more entertaining the last 5-10 years than any other all star event.

Then the All Star game has to count for something other then an extra 25 thousand dollar bonus to the players if they win.  Its kind of nice watching the best players go out there and actually play for something.  And not to mention the MLB all star game is way more entertaining the last 5-10 years than any other all star event.

I don't think it does.

Take it for what it is; a bunch of overpaid ball players dicking around in funny outfits while tweeting mundane photos of their second cousins. The AllStar Game shouldn't count for anything other than mild entertainment.

i always liked that each year the game switched to the other league. i also liked that they seemed to go to every ballpark before returning to any one city. but that has changed. the dodgers last hosted an ASG in 1980. since then, the angels have hosted it twice. i'm sure doggies fans would love to have it return to the latrine, but they haven't even been involved in rumors.

Then the All Star game has to count for something other then an extra 25 thousand dollar bonus to the players if they win.  

Why? It doesn't in any other sport. Isn't it enough to see who are supposedly the best players in the game on the same field at the same time?

It's an exhibition game. It's asinine to give one team a marked edge in the World Series based upon what happened in it. Maybe the NFL should decide the host city of the Super Bowl by which conference wins the Hall of Fame Game.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Why? It doesn't in any other sport. 

Thats exactly why the all star game in baseball is more entertaining than any other sport.  Theres actually a certain level of intensity involved.  I watch pretty much all sports and couldnt give a crap about the all star game for any of them.  Basketball, hockey, football, guys just go out there and half ass it like its a pick up game.