• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

• Chuck unpinned this topic

So I hit the track yesterday, and decided to play in the handicapping challenge.  Didn't want to spend much, so just limited it to the $30 + $10 fee.  First race, 50-1 hits.  So yeah, figured someone hit it and I was done for.  Well, I was done for just entering since I suck at hitting horses, but that's a whole different story.   

So my first 3 of 5 bets, I only hit a place on a horse for little.  I'm pretty much done.  So I look at the 6th race, and this one horse just doesn't seem right to me.  20-1 shot.  Pretty much everything that I hate in a horse when betting is on this horse.  Layoff since Sept of last year.  Never ran at Santa Anita, and as a bonus started at GG then Del Mar then Los Alamitos where he was blitzed and pretty much came in last.  Just claimed.  I usually stay away from first off a claim.  Going up in class from a MSW 40k to a MSW 55k.  The Jockey has never won in 14 tries at Santa Anita this season.  The trainer has never had a horse race at Santa Anita this season.  Class Rating dismally low at 53.  I mean just nothing to like from a betting angle.

But for some reason his workouts are what stood out to me.  5 1/2 furlong turf was the race.  Last 5 workouts, all at Los Alamitos.  Jan 4, 3 furlongs 35.6.  Jan 15, 4 furlongs bullet 46.  Jan 22, 4 furlongs 48.8.  feb 1, 5 furlongs 59.8.  Feb 8, 5 Furlongs 1.00.4.  It just seemed like he was working well towards the 5 1/2.  And his workout numbers were a lot better than all the other horses.

So I bet him for my contest.  Bam.  He went gate to wire and never looked back at 40-1 odds.  So the blind squirrel found an acorn.  And I went from last place with about $5, to first place with about $180 with 2 races to go.  And the nearest person was at $58.  So for winning the contest, won entry into a monthly national $500 contest in March.  

30 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So I hit the track yesterday, and decided to play in the handicapping challenge.  Didn't want to spend much, so just limited it to the $30 + $10 fee.  First race, 50-1 hits.  So yeah, figured someone hit it and I was done for.  Well, I was done for just entering since I suck at hitting horses, but that's a whole different story.   

So my first 3 of 5 bets, I only hit a place on a horse for little.  I'm pretty much done.  So I look at the 6th race, and this one horse just doesn't seem right to me.  20-1 shot.  Pretty much everything that I hate in a horse when betting is on this horse.  Layoff since Sept of last year.  Never ran at Santa Anita, and as a bonus started at GG then Del Mar then Los Alamitos where he was blitzed and pretty much came in last.  Just claimed.  I usually stay away from first off a claim.  Going up in class from a MSW 40k to a MSW 55k.  The Jockey has never won in 14 tries at Santa Anita this season.  The trainer has never had a horse race at Santa Anita this season.  Class Rating dismally low at 53.  I mean just nothing to like from a betting angle.

But for some reason his workouts are what stood out to me.  5 1/2 furlong turf was the race.  Last 5 workouts, all at Los Alamitos.  Jan 4, 3 furlongs 35.6.  Jan 15, 4 furlongs bullet 46.  Jan 22, 4 furlongs 48.8.  feb 1, 5 furlongs 59.8.  Feb 8, 5 Furlongs 1.00.4.  It just seemed like he was working well towards the 5 1/2.  And his workout numbers were a lot better than all the other horses.

So I bet him for my contest.  Bam.  He went gate to wire and never looked back at 40-1 odds.  So the blind squirrel found an acorn.  And I went from last place with about $5, to first place with about $180 with 2 races to go.  And the nearest person was at $58.  So for winning the contest, won entry into a monthly national $500 contest in March.  

Nice, GB! Well done

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 4:32 PM, Adam said:

Nice, GB! Well done

Pretty Awesome there GB. Played on a few races yesterday including the Tampa Bay Derby lost my ass and didnt cash a ticket..was alive to a good P3 @ SA to recoup my losses and got beat at the wire by the chalk. Nice to read a story of success while licking my wounds.
Congrats.. 

So I played in my free roll tonight.  It was pretty nice.  $300 in free play, and they gave me a $15 voucher for food.  Plus they offered me a box seat.  

Overall, it was a chalktastic day.  8 races.  6 odds on favorites.  1 was the second favorite, and the final race was a 11-1 longshot.  So I was overall down to about even all day.  Played a $5 exacta at Golden gate as the last race, and hit it for $150.  4-1 to 4-1, go figure on it paying that much.  Anyways, ended the free roll with $380 in my pocket and finished 25 out of 255.  I was just happy I had money in my pocket and didn't finish last.  lol.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

And Santa Anita was told by health people to shut down.  Oddly, Los Alamitos, Golden Gate, or Cal Expo has not been told to shut down as far as I know.  (They are all scheduled to run today).  Sounds like a political move.

Now ALL the horses will die

@Adam  Yeah, the entire card at Gulfstream is really impressive.  You could hit favorites all day and make money the cards are so deep.

Oh, and BTW.  If you I didn't give a shit about this coronavirus.  Well, it's a bigger hoax to me now.  Reason why Santa Anita is closed?  Animal Rights activists pushed the health department to close it.  So F em, this isn't about public health anymore, this is a political move to take away our rights.

Was a rough day. My buddy started off strong and hit a place show on the first Longshot in like race 4.  Then hit across the board on the Longshot the next race. 

I took a bath down 60 going into the last race. Took a stand on the favorites and bet some horses underneath. Ended up hitting the exacta and Tri with a 80/1 in second. $200 up. 

Fning coronavirus. I've been on a roll for once this year being a Degen and am limited gambling.