• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

I've watched most of the first 2 days. I have yet to pull the trigger on any bets, but I will.

Still getting a feel for it...much like what Del Mar used to be like.  West Coast speed shipping in looks like it will be something to keep an eye on..

On 7/12/2019 at 9:10 PM, Homebrewer said:

I've watched most of the first 2 days. I have yet to pull the trigger on any bets, but I will.

Still getting a feel for it...much like what Del Mar used to be like.  West Coast speed shipping in looks like it will be something to keep an eye on..

Yeah we're gonna have short fields in the dirt races. I think they'll get plenty of shippers at all levels for the turf races

• 2 weeks later...

Alive to OHTANI (#7) for the pick 5 at Del Mar (also the favorite #5)

Settled in to bet Saratoga today where I've been cashing steady tickets and have made multiple withdrawals there over the past 2 weeks and have built my bankroll up nicely...but a freak storm cancelled the card there today, so decided to play Del Mar, and landed on the late P5..

Go OHTANI!!!   

On 7/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, Homebrewer said:

Ohtani finished 4th but got the 5..188.00 on a 48 bet with 3 of 5 favorites winning aint bad.. 

Not the worst but man the chalk has been plentiful at Del Mar. the verticals have been pretty good though especially in the maidens. 

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Not the worst but man the chalk has been plentiful at Del Mar. the verticals have been pretty good though especially in the maidens. 

Thats what I love about the spa...all the 2YO M and MSW races with top pedigree competition....many of them on Turf.  Did you catch the Vanderbilt? Wow! This little horse was smaller than the ponies (15 hands) and just destroyed a good field (Mitole, Strike Power, Firenze Fire) smashing a track record that had stood since I was in HS (1972) ...a horse to watch come BC weekend.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/its-amazing-what-this-animal-can-make-you-feel-imperial-hint-earns-114-beyer/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Tank said:

i wonder how many owners are worried about their horses and all the deaths in the last year at santa anita. i'd be very nervous.

None are worried about that. No more so than on any other race day on any other track. 

The nerves are more about the timing because of the sensationalized coverage. Equine fatalities are just part of the game. Aside from Kentucky Derby weekend this is the biggest weekend for the sport so they're definitely hoping no breakdowns on this weekend. Wait til Sunday. 

The race track was a major reason for fatalities between Dec. and April. It isn't now. They fixed those issues. The only fatalities that have occurred since April have been typical for the sport.