• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Welp, Texas is gonna suck again

Hollyw00d

That's a big if. Darvish has had recurring back issues. Holland will probably do something holland-esque and hurt himself at a crash test dummies concert. I actually expect gollardo to do well. After that, it's gas cans and unproven youngsters.

Their offense should again be one of the worst in the AL.

Their bullpen is meh at best.

now watch Texas whup us.

two season back when Houston was worse than terrible they beat us in the season series something like 13-5. Terrible.

I still remember the Halos losing a three (or was it four?) game series at HOME vs. the Astros that season.

and the Astros were the worst team in MLB with the worst record........

however, as was pointed out, when you lose a (I think it was a FOUR game series) FOUR game series to the WORST team in baseball -- YOU ARE THE WORST TEAM in BASEBALL !!

Hope that doesn't happen to us again either vs. Texas or Houston in 2015.  In 2013 it was the difference between us being a contender in the West vs. a third place also ran.

• 7 months later...

That's a big if. Darvish has had recurring back issues. Holland will probably do something holland-esque and hurt himself at a crash test dummies concert. I actually expect gollardo to do well. After that, it's gas cans and unproven youngsters.

Their offense should again be one of the worst in the AL.

Their bullpen is meh at best.

What are you expecting out of fielder? Is he really that big of an improvement over Mitch Moreland?

Choo should be better.

I doubt beltre will be better or as good as last season. After that, who is there? Martin is ok. Odor might surprise.

I agree

It looks like they'll sneak in and take the West. It's gonna suck when they get Yu Darvish back.

Young teams like the Rangers and Astros, the worst thing you can give them is confidence. Once they start to realize they can win, it'll take 3-4 years to get them to stop. With the Rangers, if Gallo ever figures it out, he and Odor along with Profar, Fielder and Beltre can do some damage. And as for the Astros, same thing. Springer, Altuve, Correa, Gomez and Tucker can be frightening.

We're going to need to infuse some young offensive talent. Trout, Calhoun and Cron is a good start. But it's beginning to look like the end for Pujols. Hopefully Kubitza pans out, that'll help. But either way, they'll need to spend on Heyward, hope on Hinshaw or trade for a hell of a prospect. And that's just to keep pace.

Luckily thanks to Dipoto, we have a ton of pitching depth to work from. They'll keep Richards, Heaney and Newcomb, but anything else not nailed down (Shoe, Tropeano, Smith, Ellis, Gatto) we have the option to trade and still be fine.

While i agree with you in regards to Houston, you seem to be giving Texas the benefit of the doubt. Pujols has a higher OPS, 20 HRs and 24 more rbi than Beltre this year, yet Albert is done and Beltre "can do some damage". Also, Profar hasn't faced ML pitching since 2013, when he had an ops of .644

Texas has scored the 4th most runs in the AL

With an OPS+ of 97.   The Angels meanwhile come in at 96..    

So why are they doing so much better?   Well, despite their home park inflating their offensive numbers a little bit, their pitching staff has managed an ERA+ of 101....  The Angels?  95.   Keep that in mind next time someone goes on and on about the alleged strength of the team being its pitching.

So, in case anyone missed it -- the Angels offense has outperformed it's pitching staff once park effects are factored in.   That 95 ERA+ is the third worst figure in the AL.

So why are they doing so much better?   Well, despite their home park inflating their offensive numbers a little bit, their pitching staff has managed an ERA+ of 101....  The Angels?  95.   Keep that in mind next time someone goes on and on about the alleged strength of the team being its pitching.

So, in case anyone missed it -- the Angels offense has outperformed it's pitching staff once park effects are factored in.   That 95 ERA+ is the third worst figure in the AL.

I think IP needs a job with the Angels. Particularly as GM or assistant to GM who also oversees the entire Scouting Department. 

Who cares what their ops is? Runs win games. You don't get bonus wins based on your ops.