• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feds selling Green Cards

I think most can agree that some time ago how much money you had in this country started to trump everything else including your ethnicity, political affiliation, religious beliefs, etc.  Basically the wealthy can get away with just about anything and actions that would have the posters on this board in prison result in a fine or some kind of plea deal for those with enough money.  This is just another extension of that on a global level.  Money rules the world.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

completely agree with you, cat. we used to be a nation of laws, and we took pride in the fact that we followed our laws and expected others to do the same. corruption didn't happen here like it did in so many other countries.

well, those days are long gone.

this quote was telling:

"Five different Homeland Security whistleblowers spoke with ABC News about a range of cases where visas were approved despite numerous red flags. They said objections were often ignored because the immigration program is so popular within the Obama Administration and with members of Congress from both parties. Known as the EB-5 visa program, foreigners who are willing to invest $500,000 in an American business can jump to the front of the line and obtain legal status to live in the U.S. for two years. If the investment is shown to create at least 10 jobs, the investors can receive a “Green Card” -- permanent residency."

The wealthy have always been treated better here. Surprised people actually believed otherwise.

For me it's not an issue of believing otherwise it's more an issue of seeing how things like this happen without little or no consequence to the guilty parties.  Probably not the best analogy but to me it's like seeing some of the stuff individuals who uphold the law get away with.  We know there's always corruption and a good old boys club that protects their own but these days with technology we hear more about it happening and there seems to be little to no real accountability.  We've got a federal budget that allocates ridiculous amounts every year to the defense budget "protecting us" from foreign threats yet people who could be a threat are allowed into the country and even a path to citizenship if they have enough money.     

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I don't get this post.  I don't think anyone is saying they are surprised or are you saying that since this happens elsewhere in government we shouldn't bring it up?

He's saying that he is surprised, not that someone else is. I'm pretty sure he is referring to Tank's post stating that "we used to be a nation of laws". As if none of this nonsense has been going on for decades now.

He's saying that he is surprised, not that someone else is. I'm pretty sure he is referring to Tank's post stating that "we used to be a nation of laws". As if none of this nonsense has been going on for decades now.

i think i echo what cat said. it's out in the open and there don't seem to be any repercussions. we just seem to be turning our heads and looking the other way while ignoring the fact that these people are buying their way into our country. who knows if they pose some kind of threat to us? money talks, and as long as get their money, it's okay?

completely agree with you, cat. we used to be a nation of laws, and we took pride in the fact that we followed our laws and expected others to do the same. corruption didn't happen here like it did in so many other countries.

A friend who is originally from a third world country said, "There is corruption in both countries. The difference is that back home it is out in the open and you know how to deal with it."