• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton Out 6-8 Weeks...

Hamilton's contract will be the sole reason we're not going to sign an FA for at least 2 years...Arte knows he's got 3 bad contracts on the payroll...gotta at least let one of them finish before signing another one

Free agent spending has proven to be a pretty horrible allocation of resources.  

Of course the Angels medical staff is partly to blame. IMO they aren't the greatest MLB "staff" based on our track record. But if the guy woulda spoke sooner up this shit would have been taken care of by now. Not that it matters. I see this as the last straw. Not only is the guy going to miss an important part of the season, but it's just another thing for him to blame when he continues to suck.

Josh has way more potential to go big.

Unless of course, he's playing at Angel Stadium.

Time to go away Josh. You've just eliminated the last few fans that wanted you around.

Not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.  He might miss a month of the season from this, but its more important he comes back healthy and produces.

If by some blind miracle he can be a legitimate middle of the order bat for a World Series run, we would all forgive him in a heart beat.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time the medical staff has dropped the ball. I don't look at it as taking the fall, like I don't think teams set up to place blame on their medical staff or the player. They will say what they said, which was,"this just surfaced when he started taking full swings".

actually, the injury became chronic with the continuous paycheck signing by the patient.

Not as big a deal as people are making it out to be.  He might miss a month of the season from this, but its more important he comes back healthy and produces.

If by some blind miracle he can be a legitimate middle of the order bat for a World Series run, we would all forgive him in a heart beat.

I think you're probably the only poster here that thinks he will only miss a month.

Unfortunately.

Off-the-cuff prediction: He comes back sometime in May, spends a month or so getting his "timing" back, then the shoulder starts feeling sore again. They shut him down for a few weeks, then he comes back and performs adequately for the rest of the season, in the cleanup spot of course. Ends up batting .260 with 15-18 HR and 65 RBI.

Edited by fan_since79

My AC joint they have wanted to operate on for a while.  You don't want to see me with my shirt off but if you did there is a big knot there (on my shoulder, not what is between my shoulders).  I am no pro athlete but it usually just has flare-ups.  As many swings as it takes me in one golf round alone I survive, but everyone is different.  Cortisone shot gives instant relief but it is a bitch.  Last time it hurt so bad I caught the doc in the nuts with my foot.

I think the team told him if it is bothering you just have the surgery, I imagine they have been making plans to move on with or without him anyway.    

Of course the Angels medical staff is partly to blame. IMO they aren't the greatest MLB "staff" based on our track record. But if the guy woulda spoke sooner up this shit would have been taken care of by now. Not that it matters. I see this as the last straw. Not only is the guy going to miss an important part of the season, but it's just another thing for him to blame when he continues to suck.

Unless of course, he's playing at Angel Stadium.

Time to go away Josh. You've just eliminated the last few fans that wanted you around.

i will try to be as nice as possible as when writing this:

You don't know jack about the Angels medical staff.  

My AC joint they have wanted to operate on for a while.  You don't want to see me with my shirt off but if you did there is a big knot there (on my shoulder, not what is between my shoulders).  I am no pro athlete but it usually just has flare-ups.  As many swings as it takes me in one golf round alone I survive, but everyone is different.  Cortisone shot gives instant relief but it is a bitch.  Last time it hurt so bad I caught the doc in the nuts with my foot.

I think the team told him if it is bothering you just have the surgery, I imagine they have been making plans to move on with or without him anyway.    

Have the surgery, Kurt. The rehab is a bitch but 3-4 months later you are going to be so happy you don't have to try and work around the pain.

This might end up hurting more than we think. The Angels hired Narron with the idea that he'd work with Josh on his swing in ST, just as he did when they were in Texas and Narron was his accountability partner.

Josh missing ST means he probably won't be working with Narron which means any slim chance of correcting his issues are likely gone.

or it means they start working together in mid-march instead of mid-february.

heck, they could have already been working together for all we know. no reason to think they won't be working together at all.

if josh needs a boost in self-confidence during his rehab and recovery, i hope he doesn't discover this thread.

that said, i hope his recovery goes well and when he returns, he sucks less than the vacuum used in the angels clubhouse.

Not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. He might miss a month of the season from this, but its more important he comes back healthy and produces.

Totally agree with you on this point. All that matters is the team. If he can produce likes he's capable then the team is better off with a healthy Hackilton.

Oh yea, please don't put Green in the outfield.

if josh needs a boost in self-confidence during his rehab and recovery, i hope he doesn't discover this thread.

that said, i hope his recovery goes well and when he returns, he sucks less than the vacuum used in the angels clubhouse.

I agree and hope he recovers his health and self-confidence.

I understand the frustration with Hamilton, I really do, but did anyone really expect anything from him based on his performance the last 2 seasons? Heck, I consider myself an optimist, but I didn't expect him to provide any kind of meaningful production going forward.

Anyhow, I do enjoy watching this board going partial melt down with this announcement.  So, continue on. 

I would totally trade Hamilton for AROD at this point. Worst case scenario is we save some $ and watch Hamilton rebound with the Yankees. Maybe a Bonds induced roided AROD could play a little. 

Whoa. Put down the pipe and step away from the keyboard.

Arte might as well build a big top if he's going to invite that circus of shit to town. Can you imagine ARod and Scioscia sharing a dugout together? You talk about oil and water. Sheesh.

Whoa. Put down the pipe and step away from the keyboard.

Arte might as well build a big top if he's going to invite that circus of shit to town. Can you imagine ARod and Scioscia sharing a dugout together? You talk about oil and water. Sheesh.

ARod does sell tickets. I still say that ARod will be more productive than Hamilton in 2015. I'm not sure about either of them after that.