• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lasner Weighs in on Stadium Negotiations

Lhalo

Give me a ****ing break. Remember all those specials on MLB and ESPN about Angel Stadium and how historic it is? Me neither.

Stradling....I'm asking you, where is Arte going to go that offers him a better deal than he's getting now. He pays no rent and he shares no revenue.

Ed Roski the owner of the LA Kings told me that Arte has one of the sweetest deals in professional sports. Ed Roski spoke very highly of Arte Moreno.

So why does Arte want to move again?

Beautiful Anaheim with an easy commute from all locations. 3.3 million fans in attendance, free rent, all of the concessions and 95% of the parking revenue with a huge TV deal.

Am I missing something?

Arte does have a good deal at present. However, he is looking toward the future. Something needs to be done stadium-wise. New or a renovation. He is smart to be looking at his options down the road. Which ever way he goes, things will take years to come to fruition.

Stradling....I'm asking you, where is Arte going to go that offers him a better deal than he's getting now. He pays no rent and he shares no revenue.

Ed Roski the owner of the LA Kings told me that Arte has one of the sweetest deals in professional sports. Ed Roski spoke very highly of Arte Moreno.

I have no idea where he will get this kind of deal, but a new stadium could very easily create more revenue in seats, luxury boxes, oh and it won't have a failing infrastructure.

I have no idea where he will get this kind of deal, but a new stadium could very easily create more revenue in seats, luxury boxes, oh and it won't have a failing infrastructure.

But if you have to fork out $750 million of your own money to build a new stadium it takes years to recover that amount of capital. It would take a few years to get that done in another city. The environmental impact study alone takes two years to complete. It has to be the perfect situation with public transportation and available land. Arte is stuck where he's at and Anaheim knows it. They called his bluff. Arte is not getting any younger so he needs to make up his mind.

But Arte says that he has enough money to build his own stadium. That's about $750 million. How long will it for him to recoupe that money? He's better off selling the team than waiting for that outcome. If he sells the team then he's also off the hook for the $150 million in renovations.

and he's stated that selling the team has to be considered if it's a smart  business move

don't kid yourself,  Arte wants to make money.  sure he may have enough money to build his own stadium, but that

doesn't mean that's what he wants to spend it on

i have enough money to buy a unicycle, but i'm not going to.  now, if someone wants to give me one, i'll take it

No, Arte is interested in marketing the team in the smartest way possible.

Believe it or not most people outside of California have no idea where Anaheim is, not really even Orange County. It is only when you tell them you are by L.A. that people get where it is.

That is why he wanted to have Los Angeles in the name, no other reason. Peeps want to be butt-hurt though.

To further that point, it might suprise some to know that several players on the team consider anaheim LA....take that for what its worth

ask yk, he's the one making Arte move to LA

and he's stated that selling the team has to be considered if it's a smart business move

don't kid yourself, Arte wants to make money. sure he may have enough money to build his own stadium, but that

doesn't mean that's what he wants to spend it on

i have enough money to buy a unicycle, but i'm not going to. now, if someone wants to give me one, i'll take it

Unicycle? ok now that's too funny. I tried one and fell on my a*s. Not a pretty site.