• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Johnny Rehab

Spirit

So you have to go back to Dan Fouts to find a good Oregon QB and Bernie Kosar to find a good Browns draft choice QB. What are the chances those two trends collide and create a winner?

Yes, Akili Smith and Joey Harrington both were high picks that flamed out. Chris Miller was another first round pick who had a mediocre career for the Falcons and some other teams I don't remember, maybe the Rams? This will be the first QB drafted high in the Chip/Helfrich era. Hoping for the best, he learned pretty quickly after only starting at QB his senior year of high school, and was an immediate elite QB as a redshirt freshman for Oregon. With that said, NFL coaches are pretty stubborn and rarely change their offensive systems to suit their players, which is what I fear they may do to Mariota. He can throw well from the pocket, but is obviously more dangerous outside the pocket, so hopefully whichever team drafts him doesn't try to make him a pure pocket passer.

No way dude. He looked pretty average at Kentucky. I remember he didn't really even get press until it was bowl season then he was one of those shoot up the draft board stories. I think that was the same QB class that had Akili Smith, so his stock was greatly inflated.

not true.  

he was a consensus all-american, sec player of the year and finished 4th in the Heisman voting his senior year

No way dude. He looked pretty average at Kentucky. I remember he didn't really even get press until it was bowl season then he was one of those shoot up the draft board stories. I think that was the same QB class that had Akili Smith, so his stock was greatly inflated.

Except for the personalities differing, Tim Couch had Ryan Leaf written all over him (brief one year stardom in college like with Leaf helping out).

Edited by Angel Oracle

Except for the personalities differing, Tim Couch had Ryan Leaf written all over him (brief one year stardom in college like with Leaf helping out).

let's try this again.

Couch didn't only have one good season in college

His junior year, he led the nation in completions and completion percentage.

He was 2nd in yards passing (by 82 yards- still 5th most in sec single-season history) and TD passes (37 -3rd most)

He also finished 9th in the Heisman voting 

Edited by Lou

I, too, believed that Tim Couch was a solid pick. For whatever reason it didn't work out on the next level.

As far as Marcus Mariota going to the Eagles, they ran their offense with Michael Vick for a while, so they aren't necessarily locked into the pocket passer model.

Jameis Winston will go to Tampa Bay. In-state player, team is desperate for both a quarterback and a box office draw. I suspect that he will flame out, but we shall see.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Eagles aren't getting Mariotta.  It's too high of a price to pay to move from #20 in the draft to maybe #2.  The Redskins paid their first round pick, two future first round picks, and a second round pick in order to move up only 4 spots to get RG3.  Imagine what the Eagles would have to pay to move up 18 spots to get Mariotta?  

Edited by Chimi