• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lawyer Arrested For Intervening With Questioning of Client

Why would any innocent person refuse to give their name to the cops? Obviously you don't have to give them your name but wouldn't that just be the easiest thing to do to go on with your day? If you were a cop and you asked for someone's name and they refused to give it to you, would you be more or less suspicious of the person? I've never once had a bad experience with a cop, I'm guessing it's because I'm respectful, and see no reason to agitate them.

The better question is why does the cop need your name?

Why would any innocent person refuse to give their name to the cops? Obviously you don't have to give them your name but wouldn't that just be the easiest thing to do to go on with your day? If you were a cop and you asked for someone's name and they refused to give it to you, would you be more or less suspicious of the person? I've never once had a bad experience with a cop, I'm guessing it's because I'm respectful, and see no reason to agitate them.

I feel sorry for you, Stradling.  I really do.

Don't you read the news or follow current events?  There are stories published everyday showing police behaving badly or just horribly incompetent.  There's probably 50,000 videos on YouTube proving this point if you don't believe me. 

This is going to come back to haunt you someday as long as you believe the government exists to serve your best interests. 

I feel sorry for you, Stradling. I really do.

Don't you read the news or follow current events? There are stories published everyday showing police behaving badly or just horribly incompetent. There's probably 50,000 videos on YouTube proving this point if you don't believe me.

This is going to come back to haunt you someday as long as you believe the government exists to serve your best interests.

I'll keep obeying the law, showing respect and giving them my name if asked and from there I'll take my chances. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm well aware of the fact that there are bad cops out there, ones who abuse power, but I won't instigate bad cops to be bad cops to me. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky to be an over weight red head that looks like a law biding citizen.

I get Strads point. If I saw it as something that was a simple two questions and I'd be back on the road or able to go about my day I'd usually cooperate just to bounce and go about my day.

But ever since I was profiled when I had my street bike and the constant abuse of power by cops, I'm pretty defiant.

It just comes down to whether I known it it meaningless questions or if there is the possibility of me being in the system for no reason and in their database.

I'll keep obeying the law, showing respect and giving them my name if asked and from there I'll take my chances. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm well aware of the fact that there are bad cops out there, ones who abuse power, but I won't instigate bad cops to be bad cops to me. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky to be an over weight red head that looks like a law biding citizen.

It has nothing to do with being respectful.  I can respectfully refuse to give my name.  It has nothing to do with obeying the law either or arguing that every cop is bad.