• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Super Bowl Sunday means to me........

disarcina

yeah, the PRE-GAME Super Bowl hype and propaganda along the type Notti describes in his earlier post is truly over-the-top and a new low at the same time. But no need to complain, just turn the channel, turn it off.......

actually, the best pre-game show the NFL could have that people might actually watch rather than just have on in the background, would be a re-play of the AFC and NFC championship games.........

the AFC game may have been one of the best ever with the amazing Seattle come-back and the Green Bay collapse on defense.

the NFC game re-play could include inserted commentary focusing on when the footballs were arguably deflated and when they weren't.

anything would be better than the pre-game drivel on now.

Meanwhile, for better or worse for us baseball folks, the Super Bowl remain the premier, most watched sporting event of the year that just sucks up all the advertising dollars and keeps the NFL -- despite their problems and issue -- ever popular and just completely awash in so much cash they don't know what do with it all......(well, the owners and players do quite well).....

I think the second most watched is March Madness rounds one and two (the first Thursday and Friday -- viewership tends to taper off as teams get eliminated).......

The World Series has fallen to third or even less as any NFL playoff game probably has better ratings and I would think that a number of regular season NFL games may get higher ratings than sever of the World Series games -- hopefully not games 6 or 7.

gotta say, a pretty good ballgame.

GEEZ -- Pete Carroll makes that gutsy play call at the end of the first half going for the TD instead of the sure field goal for three -- I would have settled for the field goal but he goes for it and the game is tied at half time.

and then Pete Carroll makes that terrible play call at the end of the game -- after that gift reception that fell into the mid-section of the Seattle receiver on the ground on his back -- (the guy did an incredible job to focus and then control the ball and bring it in).........after that, Marshawn Lynch almost goes in for SIX and then you PASS the ball only to have in intercepted.

I mean, EVERYONE KNOWS Marshawn Lynch, second and one almost sleep walks into the end zone a yard (or less) out........and if he gets stopped -- you have tow maybe three more chances.

PETE CARROLL for all his success is going to go down as costing Seattle back to back Super Bowl Championships with that play call. TERRIBLE.

Sort of poetic justice, though, given the fluke reception catch that preceded it......

TERRIBLE play call. What's worse is anyone on the field who OK'd that call from the Offensive Coordinater after they heard it in the headphones. Can't believe Carroll gave it the OK. Can't believe the Seahawks quarterback gave it the OK. If I were the quarterback and heard that, I would have had a huge WTF moment and asked if I was the only one who wasn't out of their goddamn mind.

When you are that close to the endzone, and have 3 chances to hand Lynch the football, there is NO reason for the football to ever leave the hand of a Seahawk.

Great game, though. One of the most exciting one's I've seen.

Also, Katy Perry can eat sh** and die as far as I'm concerned.

Stradling, just admit you love the smell of my arsehole, dontcha? DONTCHA?

I loved the halftime show with the numerous entertaining visuals including talking sharks, not to mention Kravitz and Missy killing it. And I am absolutely capable of being indifferent, numbnutz.

But Katy Perry, as always, can still eat sh*t and die!

having played football at the hs and jc level, i used to really like the nfl of the 70's and 80's.

now, the nfl is obviously fixed. this super bowl probably wasn't. but i gotta believe the leauge knows the outcome of most of the regular season games before they are played.

still enjoy college ball.