• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

wopphil - Colorado DOL

So dude, we had this guy who hired one of our clients to do marketing for his business. We received a garnishment/judgement from a law firm against him for $11K. We called him to let him know we would be complying with the judgement. So, he bailed.

Fast forward a few months.

The dude moves to Alabama and filed for UI benefits in CO. 

We responded with all the info - service agreements, a narrative of what took place, why he bailed, copies of the email correspondence between him and the actual judgement.

CO gave him benefits. 

haha

W T F

There has to be more to it than that right?

No. Nothing more.

I deal with this stuff on a weekly basis. The State (almost any...Georgia, Wisconsin and Florida are exceptions) will give almost anyone benefits regardless of what happens.

So dude, we had this guy who hired one of our clients to do marketing for his business. We received a garnishment/judgement from a law firm against him for $11K. We called him to let him know we would be complying with the judgement. So, he bailed.

Fast forward a few months.

The dude moves to Alabama and filed for UI benefits in CO.

We responded with all the info - service agreements, a narrative of what took place, why he bailed, copies of the email correspondence between him and the actual judgement.

CO gave him benefits.

haha

In California, he probably would have been entitled to a new flat screen too.

It's absolutely crazy. I spent much of yesterday researching whether a client can terminate someone for filing a false workers comp claim. The very fact that my client is having to spend money determining whether they can terminate someone for committing fraud is just remarkable.

Phil, did your client have insurance?

They will of course have comp coverage, but that doesn't cover 132a claims, and they may or may not have coverage for a disability discrimination claim under the FEHA. And even if they do, they will probably have a large S.I.R.

Edited by wopphil

Oh look at this, I'm getting lectured by the dumbass with a racist slur in his name.

Next I'll be getting driving lessons from an Asian woman.

"WOP" is essentially the same as "FOB," which nobody seems to have a problem with, so I don't see the issue. Ask your Asian driving instructor.

Plus, my grandfather was truly a WOP, so I get to use the term.

Edited by wopphil