• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Remember when...

Remember when people were excited about bringing in Dipoto to replace Reagins?

Every single one of moves made by Dipoto is turning out to be a disaster except for trading for the Frieri trade.

Signing of CJ was awful and you can get the same production for 10 million less per year.  Signing of Pujols is going to be bad when you count for the back years of his contract.

And the way Pujols is running he is going to need to run around with a wheelchair in about 3 years.

Letting Hunter go and signing Hamilton for 15 more per year is looking terrible.

Signing Blanton thinking he can be productive was very shortsighted.

Remember,
Walking in the sand.
Remember,
Walking hand in hand.
Remember,
The night was so exciting.
Remember,
Her smile was so inviting,
Remember,
And then she touched my cheek,
Remember,
With her fingertips.
Remember,
Softly, softly we met with a kiss.

Albert has been the best part of this team if you missed it.

He had a sub-par season last year and until tonight he was hitting like .230. 2 HR and 5 RBI. The AL leader has *18* RBI and 32 players have 6 or more RBI. Pujols is paid like the best player in the game, but he plays like the 30th best player in the game. That he has been the best player on the Angels is an indictment of the Angels.

He had a sub-par season last year and until tonight he was hitting like .230. 2 HR and 5 RBI. The AL leader has *18* RBI and 32 players have 6 or more RBI. Pujols is paid like the best player in the game, but he plays like the 30th best player in the game. That he has been the best player on the Angels is an indictment of the Angels.

He had an OPS above 1.000 before tonight's game. Basically, you're an idiot.

Remember when those guys had a combined record of 8-17 as managers?

Like right now ?

Or like being in 4th Place, last place and last place, LOL.  They are a hot group!  Throw in Scioscia, and you have a combined record of 10-23 - nice.

He had an OPS above 1.000 before tonight's game. Basically, you're an idiot.

Goes to show how OPS can be just as silly as the counting stats. Pujols is paid to hit home runs and drive in runs. He has a high OPS because he has a high OBP. That's not what this team needs from him (although his plate discipline is welcomed). He is 34th in slugging. That's not *bad* but it's not enough on a team where Howie Kendrick is 2nd on the team and the pitchers all suck.

Goes to show how OPS can be just as silly as the counting stats. Pujols is paid to hit home runs and drive in runs. He has a high OPS because he has a high OBP. That's not what this team needs from him (although his plate discipline is welcomed). He is 34th in slugging. That's not *bad* but it's not enough on a team where Howie Kendrick is 2nd on the team and the pitchers all suck.

He has a slugging of .594. His career average is .608. Of all the problems, he is not one of them.

Pujols has a high OBP because the Rangers walked him intentionally THREE TIMES so that Hamilton could single handedly strand 7 runners on base in one game.

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• 5 years later...