• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blanton still kinda sucks

Someone get Darin Erstad on the phone.

A couple months ago, before Nebraska played a few games in So. Cal. there was an article about him and his team in the OC Register. In the article he said that coaching at Nebraska is his dream job and he doesn't want to live or coach anywhere else. Here's the link, but you're not able to read the entire article anymore with paying for it (the OC Register sucks). 

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/erstad-496145-scioscia-angels.html

Dipoto's made some mistakes when it comes to signing pitching, but most of our pitching problems have to do with our garbage minor league system that was assembled during Reagins' reign.  Also, Scioscia is the problem.  His teams have failed to make the playoffs 3 years straight.

Wilson - shit signing

Blanton - shit signing

Isringhausen - shit signing

Hawkins - shit signing

Vargas, Hanson and Madson - we'll see, but the track record isn't exactly stellar

I was pissed about this signing at first, I remember falling asleep on the couch while MLB Network was on and waking up to something along the lines of "Angels sign Joe Blanton to 2-year $15 Million deal". I was pissed for the whole off season but eventually warmed up to the idea assuming Hanson can get back to form and hopefully we'd flip him if Richards was ready around the ASB. Needless to say, I'm back to being pissed about it.

Yeah, that marine layer and the best outfield in the league isn't doing much for him eh? He sucks. That's it. Dipoto made a huge mistake signing him. Signing him for 2 years, $15 million just adds salt to the wound. Our pitching is atrocious. I'd rather have the self proclaimed "Home Run Pitcher", to be honest. 

Hard to believe this is all you get for $15 million dollars.

And the sad thing is that Dipoto thought that it was a good idea to bring him in and his almost 5 ERA from the NL to the AL.

The angels could have saved that money and threw out Jerome every 5 starts and done better.