• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels decide not to invite Cuban Roberto Baldoquin to major league camp

The last part of that article seems to imply that they want Baldoquin to focus on SS, and that they likely won't re-sign Aybar after 2016.

Obviously anyone who can play SS stays at SS until he can't.

As for Aybar, I don't think they have absolutely decided they won't sign him two years from now. But they'd certainly like to have the option of a younger cheaper player.

A lot can happen in two years. Maybe Baldoquin will be a bust. Or maybe he just won't be good enough defensively.

But the "plan" is to have Baldoquin replace Aybar.

I actually think that this is a good idea. Let him get his feet wet, get himself adjusted to living and playing in the States, and back into playing shape, all while not being under the bigger spotlight of the Major League camp. If he were with the ML camp, he'd be hounded by the press more (because it is a natural story), and any mistakes he makes, or issues he needs to work through (not playing for a year at a competitive level will add rust to anyone), won't be magnified. 

I actually think that this is a good idea. Let him get his feet wet, get himself adjusted to living and playing in the States, and back into playing shape, all while not being under the bigger spotlight of the Major League camp. If he were with the ML camp, he'd be hounded by the press more (because it is a natural story), and any mistakes he makes, or issues he needs to work through (not playing for a year at a competitive level will add rust to anyone), won't be magnified.

I'm sure we're still going to talk to him (minor league camp is 1000 yards away). And I don't think he'd have been hounded beyond that since he probably doesn't speak English and he's not going to be on the team this year.

I'm sure we're still going to talk to him (minor league camp is 1000 yards away). And I don't think he'd have been hounded beyond that since he probably doesn't speak English and he's not going to be on the team this year.

I don't think that the beat reporters would do that (although I got my suspicions of that Alden guy), but I was thinking more of the National people who come through and are doing a 1 or 2 day thing who'd want to make a story on him,especially as part of their coverage of the overall organization. I'm hoping he starts at Inland Empire so I can see him play in a few games.

I don't think that the beat reporters would do that (although I got my suspicions of that Alden guy), but I was thinking more of the National people who come through and are doing a 1 or 2 day thing who'd want to make a story on him,especially as part of their coverage of the overall organization. I'm hoping he starts at Inland Empire so I can see him play in a few games.

I don't think there would be much national interest either. He's not that good and he's 2 years away.

Isn't Alden Cuban?  That might make it easier for the guy as he transitions.