• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ranking MLB's Nastiest Rotations

Troll Daddy

• 4 months later...

The list is pretty accurate according to 99 % of aw posters.  Most people here think Shoemaker and Richards will both regress to 3.7-4.2 ERA pitchers.  And the same people already wrote Weaver off the previous year saying he was a 3-4 starter (even though he isnt).  

The people that make these claims dont have any facts or statistical data to back them.  Shoemaker is supposed to regress.  Why?  Just because, thats why.  Richards cant come back from his injury and be the same pitcher he was last year.  Why?  Just because, thats why.

Personally, I think the Angels rotation is at least top 5 in MLB.  I see Wilson and Santiago as reliable 4 and 5 starters next season.  And until I have reason to believe that Richards, Shoemaker, and Weaver are all going to regress, ill refrain from jumping to conclusions until that point.  

I agree  :(

People need to realize that

1) We, as Angels fans, tend to be biased towards the Angels in a positive light. In other words, they're probably not as good as we think (or want to think).

2) Most such lists are based upon "most likely outcome." Most likely, the Angels rotation is solid, even good, but not great. It could be great, but a lot would have to go right. It could also be just OK if some things go wrong.

I personally like our chances of having a very good rotation, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is merely good. I think Doc has it about right, that the Angels are probably in the #10-15 range. There's a possible scenario that theire' in the #6-10 range, but it is very unlikely that they're a top 5 rotation.

Yep.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Santiago will crash and burn at some point. I never expect him to be a consistent starting pitcher, even a #5. With his delivery, he will retreat again here at some point.

Sure hope I'm wrong, but I don't think much of him at all no matter what his current stats suggest.