• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Baseball Movies

Michifan

As long as we're already running through the bored with the off-season topics, I watched Sandlot last night with the family. My youngest had not seen it before. I love that movie. But, what is the best baseball movie? I think my favorite is still The Natural. I love how the movie, like the book, casts the player and the sport into something mythical. Of course the end of Pride of the Yankees is also just incredible. 

Edited by Michifan

1. For the Love of the Game

2. Bang the Drum Slowly

3. Field of Dreams

4. Major League

For the Love of The Game was great because it really portrayed what an athlete sacrifices for the passion of the sport he loves. Bang The Drum Slowly was just a great story. Field of Dreams because the story how baseball defined the relationship of father and son. That Hit Hole To me.

Bull Duram I likes but as one poster already said Tim Robbins could not pass for a pitcher. I loved Major League because it was a great comedy and the action scenes in the game were realistic.

My favorites (in no particular order):

Field of Dreams

Major League

Major League 2

Mr. Baseball

Bull Durham

A League of Their Own

For The Love of the Game

Major League: Back to the Minors was horrible. An idea stretched one movie too far. Didn't care for Mr. 3000 either. 61* was decent, but not one of my favorites. A lot of people loved The Natural. I'm not one of them.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Never heard of Sugar. I looked it up and it looks interesting. I guess The Natural is a love it or hate it, but I really like it. Two baseball movies I hated are The Scout and the one where the kid hurts his arm and can then throw 120 MPH--stupid film. 

Other than the Natural, my top choices would be:

Pride of the Yankees

Sandlot

League of Their Own and

Field of Dreams.

I do like Major League but don't think it holds up to the others.