• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Amazon Prime Deal Saturday 1/24 for $72

red321

You might be able to cancel and then sign back up tomorrow. I was considering doing that, but I have a few free months tacked on. Anytime they miss a 2 day delivery, I call them, and they extend my membership by another month.

Edited by red321

You might be able to cancel and then sign back up tomorrow. I was considering doing that, but I have a few free months tacked on. Anytime they miss a 2 day delivery, I call them, and they extend my membership by another month.

She is one step ahead of us.

She texted me back that she used an old college email address so it was only $50.

So peeps, if you have a school email address you can get it for half off.

someone tell me more about the streaming service. do you get charged per movie if you're a prime member, or is it included?

my daughter is always looking for new iphone covers from them, and that alone could make it worth the cost.

A lot of the Prime shipping ends up being 1-day for really common household products if you order early enough, otherwise it's 2-day.  One time I purchased something at 5pm and it arrived the next morning at 11am. 

Another perk is that Amazon has Sunday delivery through the post office.  The rest of the time it's a combination of USPS, UPS, FedEx, OnTrac, and Amazon's own delivery vans. 

How good are the movies.  I know on Netflix, the movies are like ancient for streaming.  Nothing recent.  Which would be the only selling point for me.  

I have also noticed that Amazon is getting expensive.  Bought a Qi Battery case for my Galaxy.  At the time, on Amazon, it was $35.  On Ebay it was $32.  Found a shop in New York through Google Shopping that sold it for $22 including shipping.  

I use the music streaming service constantly...they have a lot of great old blues and jazz. As Cezero mentioned, if you don't listen to top 40, or newer mainstream stuff...good chance they have something for you. I also use the unlimited Photo storage for phone backup seeing as iCloud absolutely sucks and constantly has to be reset.

if you rarely use it for shopping and you don't use amazon's streaming video service, then it's probably not worth it

i order at least 75% of my non-grocery shit from amazon, so it's great.

and i use amazon instant video way more than netflix now. (for those who don't know, Star Trek: TNG is in HD on Amazon, and just SD for Netflix...GEEK!!!!!)

Hah! The show was shot on film but transferred to one inch analog videotape, not even digital standard Def. All the effect composting was done standard Def, first in online bays using an ADO layering to tape and then in a Quantel Harry/Henry.

I used to make what we called junk mattes to take out the studio rigs so the online guys Fred Raimondi, Rich Thorne and Peter Sternlight (I know I am forgetting a lot of editors) could concentrate on the final composite. They ran, if I remember right, five passes of the Enterprise on motion control cameras for mattes and various lighting passes.

The Next Generation was entirely last generations world of mostly real time video efx composting. It must have been a hell of a lot of work to go back through all of the shot logs and dig through the negatives to remaster. Not sure how they would recreate all of the efx unless they just used the original as a template and started over. Without a doubt they can create much better and more realistic efx for pennies on the dollar for what they spent over 25 years ago. I need to check it out.

Existing Amazon Prime members can get the $72 deal.  You have to disable the auto-renew, then purchase Amazon Prime as a gift to yourself.  Enter your own e-mail address as the recipient of the gift, then set the gift date to the day after your existing Amazon Prime membership expires

I just did this with no problems.  Lots of other people have done the same.  More details below:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1423449/m18906268/#m18906268

Netflix has a number of tv shows and movies that amazon has, and vice versa.  I wouldn't get either one of them to replace another.  If you get the deal for $72 or whatever, you're talking $6/month for Amazon streaming, which is actually a couple dollars less than Netflix.  If I were on a tight budget, I'd just keep both and cut the $8 somewhere else.  

Personally, I'd put Transparent ahead of either recent season of Netflix's two big shows.  

I know that Orange and House of Cards are hugely popular, but I don't understand why.  I liked the first season of House of Cards a lot, but season 2 was ****ing stupid from the get go.  Orange is the New Black feels like something AMC rejected, but still managed to find a home.  

haven't seen transparent. Not really interested in that genre.

The other shows I checked out all seem to be generic crappy "network tv" style drama's. 

netflix also has BoJack Horseman, which I think is great.

I couldn't really get into Lillyhammer, but it's been well recieved

Edited by Poozy

• 4 weeks later...