• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Putting your dog to sleep

NJHalo

Had a beagle for about 13 years. Was the softest cutest sweetest f***ing thing in the world.

It was obvious she was getting on her last leg, slowing down, getting old, and one night we think she had a stroke or a seizure. She was on her side and couldn't seem to move, her eyes looked scared, breathing deeply, she could barely walk anymore, we gave her nothing but meat (her favorite) the last day or two but she could hardly eat. Had one last night with her, but then we had to take her to the vet to put her down, because it just wasn't fair to make her suffer. I swear the animal knew what her fate was when we took her to the car.

Our family gets to the office, takes about 30 mins to wait, and that bitch tries as hard as she can to start trotting around, basically trying to say "Hey guys, I'm still good!" because she knew what was gonna happen, and she wanted to show us she was still good to go. It was probably one of the toughest things I've ever gone through.

Never thought I'd cry over an animal, but my dad and I had to leave the office and go to the car when we handed her over, because we were crying like babies. It still tough for me to think about. But one thing, I learned how effing tough my mom was that day because she stayed in the office to sign the papers. I had a girlfriend for years and we broke up, and I didn't even shed a f***in tear compared to how much I bawled when I had to let my puppy go.

Very tugh stuff NJ, you never realize when you get them as puppies that one day you're gonna have to let them go. But they'll always be with you, and if heaven exists, I don't doubt they're up there waiting. That's one thing that always cheers me up when I think about them.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the last night before our appointment at the Vet. The last 24 hours have been horrible, looking at her knowing that everything she does is for the last time. I will be so glad when this is over, and we can move forward.

This is the last night before our appointment at the Vet. The last 24 hours have been horrible, looking at her knowing that everything she does is for the last time. I will be so glad when this is over, and we can move forward.

My thoughts are with you. This is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do. Despite the fact that they aren't human, animals are part of our families. We share memories with them, and saying goodbye is very difficult. I still have teary times when I think about my schnauzer, and I put him down over 15 years ago.

Today was the day. Very tough to do, but relieved that it is over.

It went just like many have said, very peaceful and professional.

Thank you all for the support and advice.

Do you mind If I ask if you took the dog in or if you had someone come to the house? I have a 12 year old lab that's starting to slow down and I'm almost positive I'll do it at the house. Just curious what you decided and what went into the decision. Edited by Stradling

Do you mind If I ask if you took the dog in or if you had someone come to the house? I have a 12 year old lab that's starting to slow down and I'm almost positive I'll do it at the house. Just curious what you decided and what went into the decision.

I took her to the vet. I did not want to remember my last image of her passing away in my bedroom. She was still able to walk, and was so confused, she had no idea where she was half the time. She actually used to like going to this Vet because he was so kind to her.

Also, my wife and kids could not bare to see it happen. I found it sad, yet comforting to see how peaceful the whole process is.

I could see the advantage of doing it in the home if you have a large dog who is no longer mobile.

Best of luck Stradling. When you decide to do it, get it done ASAP. One of the worst parts was booking it on Thursday, and having to wait until Tuesday. looking at that dog, and knowing what was in store for her was heart breaking.