• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deflated Greatness & Super Bowl post game thoughts

arch stanton

was surprised to learn that all nfl qbs before a game get to pick which footballs they want to use during the game. if that's the case, then i have no doubt that all nfl qbs want some kind of alteration to the footballs they're going to use. the NFL needs to put a stop to this - nothing wrong may actually happen, but it's the appearance of evil that needs to be stemmed here.

so who takes care of the footballs before the super bowl? who inflates them, who watches over them, who supplies them? 

If someone is to blame here, I'd put more on Brady than I would Belichick.

Agreed.  It's a non-story if both sides were using the same equipment.

Anyway, was just watching Fox News and they had an ex-CIA interrogator on who specialized in lie-detecting.  He laughed at Bradys' press conference answers; especially at how he said he liked how Gronk deflated the footballs for him (by spiking them) back in '11.

richard sherman said there will be no punishment because goodell and the pats owner (kraft?) are buddies. apparently goodell was at his house just a few days ago.

SNL had a real good opening to their show this week, working in a great reference from a few good men.

This is nuts.

You know how games have ex-officials that chime in during the games for calls or in the booth?

CNN had some dude on that they labeled as an ex-professional ball boy for a Q&A. That's crazy to me.

I don't get it. Is this fan driven that the media is going nuts or is it just the media? This story won't just go away, but it's national headlines. ESPN is reporting like it's life or death.

I am seriously laughing at the thought of the NFL being able to find this alleged video tape, but did not have the Ray Rice tape.

Oh the NFL is so good at drawing attention and keeping people hooked.

Even if this video tape does exist, I find it to be poor judgement for someone other than the referees to transfer the balls to the field. Once the refs inspect them, they should be responsible for them. 

Edited by Angels_Make_Me_Drink

This is nuts.

You know how games have ex-officials that chime in during the games for calls or in the booth?

CNN had some dude on that they labeled as an ex-professional ball boy for a Q&A. That's crazy to me.

I don't get it. Is this fan driven that the media is going nuts or is it just the media? This story won't just go away, but it's national headlines. ESPN is reporting like it's life or death.

They need something to talk about. I get it. They won't talk about the NBA till about Thursday or Friday. If Klay Thompson was LeBron or Kobe..they'd still be talking about that 37 point quarter.

NHL is on break. MLB..no big signings or trades.

I like how it's 'cheating' when it a.) it hasn't been shown who did it b.) the Patriots did BETTER after halftime c.) it's so preventable to being with d.) Even Dwayne Allen (an Indianapolis Colt) isn't using it as an excuse

Edited by DW711

I am seriously laughing at the thought of the NFL being able to find this alleged video tape, but did not have the Ray Rice tape.

Oh the NFL is so could at drawing attention and keeping people hooked.

Even if this video tape does exist, I find it to be poor judgement for someone other than the referees to transfer the balls to the field. Once the refs inspect them, they should be responsible for them. 

Exactly!

Just REPLACE THEM.

Patriots have historic numbers in fumbling the ball per offensive play in the last few years. But ya, no big deal

And of course there was "The Tuck" in the early 2000s.

I am still waiting though to get back to discussing the game and not the stuff around it, only 5 days away.

I don't see the Pats being able to move the ball that well.    Yeah, Brady is a legend.   He is also at a point where his effectiveness can wane at any time (15th season in the NFL).

Yeah, the Pats are a better defensive team than they have been recently.   But Russell Wilson is a QB who plays at his best when against a wall.

Still going with Seattle, 24-20      

Edited by Angel Oracle

The attendant went into a bathroom for 90 seconds. LOL at the thought of him deflating 11 balls in that time.

I'm not even a Patriots fan, but the longer this goes on, the cleaner they look. This sounds more like ref incompetence than anything.

Imagine the same guy doing it for the last 8 years and you may get the idea in your head he is pretty good at it. Like going to the tire dealers and seeing how long they take to swap out a wheel then going to a race track and expecting a Formula One crew taking the same amount of time.