• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Microsoft offers free Windows 10 upgrade, holographic glasses coming

Redondo

Support for 7 is lasting until 2019 I think. They're not doing any more service packs or major updates but all the usual bug and security fixes will continue as usual.

So if I have 7 now should I take advantage of the free upgrade and do it now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you have AMD GPUs, make sure you install the new driver before you upgrade to Windows 10. Otherwise, you're liable to throw your computer out the nearest window.

Agreed.

As for Windows 10, I upgraded and have not had any issues. Much of my work at the moment is technical writing involving huge spreadsheets and many other files being open at once. Adding the multiple desktop feature natively to the OS is a nice change. The handling of multiple monitors with significantly different resolutions has improved compared to Windows 8, though it's still nowhere near as good as the Mac OS in this regard. So I can now have these services running at full resolution without taking up all of my screen.

Finally, they finally have made Metro style apps usable in windowed mode (i.e. made them usable at all). This is significant because the jackasses at Netflix and MLB.TV cripple the highest quality video streams in browsers, only the moronic Metro apps get the full quality streams.

Edited by ScottLux

Having a fantastic experience with it so far.

Same -- its run absolutely flawlessly.   I wasn't sure I would like it or rather, I didn't trust it to work right so I upgraded my older rig first.  The entire process took about 25 minutes, the one issue I did have was none of the sound worked.  I uninstalled all the drivers, restarted and boom, it loaded the newest, best drivers upon start up..  

IMO it's the most intuitive version of Windows ever IMO.   I still haven't played enough with the new browser to have an opinion, but everything else about it has been exceptional.

Sounds like the experiences have been a mixed bag. Still pondering making the switch.

Just make sure you have activated your current version of Windows and that you write down the Windows Product code somewhere....  (the number that came with the Windows CD or the booklet with the Windows BS).   If you dont have that go to Download.com and get Keyfinder, just copy and paste the numbers and save them somewhere in case you get an error message saying your product ID is blocked.  Some people are having issues with generic keys upon upgrading -- but if you manually imput your old key, you'll be able to activate pretty easily.

Just make sure you have activated your current version of Windows and that you write down the Windows Product code somewhere....  (the number that came with the Windows CD or the booklet with the Windows BS).   If you dont have that go to Download.com and get Keyfinder, just copy and paste the numbers and save them somewhere in case you get an error message saying your product ID is blocked.  Some people are having issues with generic keys upon upgrading -- but if you manually imput your old key, you'll be able to activate pretty easily.

Thanks, will do that if I decide to make the jump.

Be prepared to hand over most if your personal information in doing so.

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2015/07/29/wind-nos/

the standard answer is "so we can know which kind of advertiser will most interest you", but i really wonder what the true reasons are behind why they want to collect so much info about each of us.