• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Making an AngelsWin App icon for smartphones & tablets

Spirit

Question

There have been a fair amount of request to get an AngelsWin app.  With the Mobile functionality of the new site, you really don't need one.  It does everything an App would do anyway. 

So, is this really just a question of getting a App Icon on your iPhone and iPad home screen?  Probably.   And you can absolutely do this yourself ...

Koby Mac posted this in another thread, so credit to him on this nice "tips & tricks."

All you have to do (for iPhone and iPad) is click on the "add to" button at the bottom of Safari (the one that looks like an arrow exiting a box).  Once you click on that, you'll get a pop-up with different option.  Click "add to home screen."   You now have an AngelsWin app-like icon on your home screen!  BOOM!

I'm sure there's probably a way to do this on other smartphones & tablets, so if someone would like to post the step by step directions in this thread, that would be great!

13 answers to this question

I'm sure it varies a little across the different versions of Android and browsers used but the basic way to do it is to bookmark it and then go to the bookmarks and long-press it. Among the options that come up will be something along the lines of "Add to Home Screen". Click that and it will create a link to the bookmark on your home screen.

I have Samsung Stratosphere. There are 4 preset buttons at the bottom of the phone. You press the button/icon to the left of the "Home" symbol which is a "Box" with 2 lines in it. You'll see another menu pop up. You press on the tab that says "More". The next menu that pops up has a list of all kinds of ways to save this bookmark! You then press "Add shortcut to home". Make sure you are loggged on...not just guest ....which is probable if you came here from twitter. That way the saved icon is an active one. Gosh I just feel so accomplished for a Monday.

I have Samsung Stratosphere. There are 4 preset buttons at the bottom of the phone. You press the button/icon to the left of the "Home" symbol which is a "Box" with 2 lines in it. You'll see another menu pop up. You press on the tab that says "More". The next menu that pops up has a list of all kinds of ways to save this bookmark! You then press "Add shortcut to home". Make sure you are loggged on...not just guest ....which is probable if you came here from twitter. That way the saved icon is an active one. Gosh I just feel so accomplished for a Monday.

Look at you!  Being all tech-ie!

Great info ... thank you!

I'm sure it varies a little across the different versions of Android and browsers used but the basic way to do it is to bookmark it and then go to the bookmarks and long-press it. Among the options that come up will be something along the lines of "Add to Home Screen". Click that and it will create a link to the bookmark on your home screen.

Thanks! One button access, love it!

As far as Android I confirmed on Honeycomb, ICS, and Jellybean on a bunch of browsers. Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin, Boat, Sky fire, and Xoom stock browser. The method I outlined above works on all those. Save page as bookmark, go to bookmarks, long-press link and a box will pop up. Choose "Add to Home Screen". The link will save on the first available spot on your home screen.

Could not figure out how to to it with Opera or Maxthon browsers.

As far as Android I confirmed on Honeycomb, ICS, and Jellybean on a bunch of browsers. Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin, Boat, Sky fire, and Xoom stock browser. The method I outlined above works on all those. Save page as bookmark, go to bookmarks, long-press link and a box will pop up. Choose "Add to Home Screen". The link will save on the first available spot on your home screen.

Could not figure out how to to it with Opera or Maxthon browsers.

Sweet, thanks!

Ok iPhone & iPad users, I've figured out how to get the AngelsWin @ symbol logo.  First, you need to go grab the logo and save it in your Photos.  

You can get the logo here: http://b.vimeocdn.com/ps/413/413156_300.jpg

Next, go to iTunes and download a free app called App Icons by Happio Workshop.

Once you've installed this, you basically follow the instructions to create a new Web App for www.AngelsWin.com.  The step by step is pretty simple.  Hit me up if you have any issues.

Android users... Instructions are similar to the ones above.

Download Icon Changer Free. Create a bookmark and save it to your homepage. Make sure you use the link above and save that image to your phone. Launch Icon Changer Free, make sure Shortcut is selected. Select bookmark. Hit change and navigate to the image. Name it AngelsWin and exit Changer. Your bookmark should now show the AngelsWin logo.