• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the AL West be MLB's best division?

NorCal Halo

They will certainly test the following inside the article.

"The Astros will be the latest team to test the theory that all outs are created equal, that an out is an out, and it really doesn't matter whether you slap a ground ball to second base or strike out."

Edited by Angel Oracle

They will certainly test the following inside the article.

"The Astros will be the latest team to test the theory that all outs are created equal, that an out is an out, and it really doesn't matter whether you slap a ground ball to second base or strike out."

This quote sums up how clueless ESPN is.

Virtually everybody always looks better at this time of year.  We've been bombarded for several months now about how great signing, or trading for so and so helps each team.  Starting in April the pretenders get weeded out from the real deals, slowly but surely.

NL West

my dna inatantly wants to argue this, but thats actually a good point. No odea if sf can repeat, they seem to catch fire at the end vs a full year of being good. The dodgers are obviously still very good, though i think they take a step back. But the pads have definetely improved and might be a solid to very good contender.

I think if your definition of surprise team is an 80-win squad, then sure, the Astros are a surprise team. You gotta figure the Rangers will be a little better, maybe 75 wins, the A's will always be competitive with that pitching, so 80-85 wins, the M's improved, possibly into 90 win territory.

The fun thing is, everyone is so quick to dismiss the Angels as worse because they lost Kendrick. Yet bringing in Joyce, Trout and Calhoun's progression and Freese in a contract year are all dismissed.

I think the Angels will be just as good offensively and will be even better on the mound. I think they can win 95+ again.

So 80 wins in the AL West gets you a distant 4th place finish.