• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ARod is looking to regain his image

I find it interesting that Arod wants to regain his "image". An image has nothing to do with reality, i.e. he just wants to regain something that is a fake.

The greatest thing is ARod never said he was trying to improve his image. A writer decided to spin the story that way because he was working with Bonds. Guy has f'd up but he can't win. Critics were ready to pounce on him for being crappy and stealing his final 61 mil. At least the guy is having what appears to be a busy off-season. Think about that the next time you see Pujols at a charity golf tournament, Hamilton quoting the bible, or Mathis handing out bubble gum.

A-Fraud turns 40 in 2015, and hasn't had above a .783 OPS since 2011.

With OPS' throughout MLB sinking each season since then, I can't see him exceeding a .750 OPS. 

Even Freese may end up with a better OPS in 2015, as it was around .775 from June 1 forward in 2014.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I like this too. If he's given the chance. You can't crowbar Albert out of our lineup. Arod may only play 70 games, if that.

perhaps i'm confused, but how can arod put up better numbers than albert if he plays 70 games or less?

Edited by ukyah

The greatest thing is ARod never said he was trying to improve his image. A writer decided to spin the story that way because he was working with Bonds. Guy has f'd up but he can't win. Critics were ready to pounce on him for being crappy and stealing his final 61 mil. At least the guy is having what appears to be a busy off-season. Think about that the next time you see Pujols at a charity golf tournament, Hamilton quoting the bible, or Mathis handing out bubble gum.

interesting that you mention Hamilton and his biblical quotes - he posts verses on his Facebook page almost daily and usually the responses are " that's great but you need to take BP " or " maybe Jesus can teach you how to hit again " - keyboard courage kind of things . I understand that his faith is important to Josh and I hope he is working hard in the offseason to improve his playing - it's the right thing to do.

interesting that you mention Hamilton and his biblical quotes - he posts verses on his Facebook page almost daily and usually the responses are " that's great but you need to take BP " or " maybe Jesus can teach you how to hit again " - keyboard courage kind of things . I understand that his faith is important to Josh and I hope he is working hard in the offseason to improve his playing - it's the right thing to do.

Don't get me wrong. It takes ten mins to bang out a biblical verses. He could be banging the ball in the cages. I hope that's the case.

The classic Barroids story is the 1992 NLCS deciding game, where Andy VanSlyke said that Barroids flipped him the bird when he advised Barroids to play in closer to the plate before Cabrera's NLCS winning hit.

Sure enough if he had played in closer to the plate, he likely throws out Bream at the plate.   

Probably, but who knows for sure. The throw itself was offline and up the 1st base side just enough for Bream to score.

Probably, but who knows for sure. The throw itself was offline and up the 1st base side just enough for Bream to score.

As a Braves fan, I wondered why Bobby Cox didn't have Tom Glavine pinch run for Bream, who was probably the slowest baserunner on the roster. Their season was on the line in that half inning. Had Bream been thrown out at the plate and the Braves lost the game in extra innings, that would be an ongoing topic of discussion.

Don't get me wrong. It takes ten mins to bang out a biblical verses. He could be banging the ball in the cages. I hope that's the case.

I hear what you're saying but maybe his faith is more important than baseball to him. I'm OK with that. Now whether the Angels should have even signed him is a whole other issue.