• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ARod is looking to regain his image

I don't see how you can see this as a good move by A-Fraud. Let's see, the current villain from baseball's cheating getting lessons from the previous villain of the game? Not a good move. A good move would be to say that he only really cares about winning with the Yankees and wants to show the world that he can still perform while clean, so he is donating his entire salary this year to anti-drug/steroid programs for youth athletes.

This is also not a good move for Barry Bonds, as again it comes across as low and petty of him. After the amount of money he made in the game, and the villain status he had for cheating, why would he be charging anyone to help them with their swing? The fact that he has to charge them (the article referred to them as "clients") shows that he is still greedy because he has no other interest than self-interest. 

I think that this article makes both of them come across as worse, not better.

Sorry Dave.  Must be a little early in the morning for sarcasm. 

ARod is a complete moron and I agree this article makes him look worse.  

Got it! He is a complete moron. Baseball should have given him a lifetime ban and gotten past him. The unnecessary and pathetic drama that he will bring to Spring Training will be a major distraction for the entire sport. No one person should be greater than the sport. And yet, A-Fraud will be. They should have banned him for life and moved on.

I have no problem with Barry charging for his services, just like I would have no problem paying you to tutor me Dave after you retire. I don't know if this makes either of them look worse, people already hate them both and at least when it comes to Bonds, there will be people that defend him to the end. I personally look at the two completely differently. To me A-Rod is a sad figure that really has never been comfortable in his own shoes. Barry on the other hand has always been somewhat arrogant. He was an amazing player to watch in Pittsburgh, a player that could do it all and played with an incredible amount of energy. When he went to SF and he got bigger and bigger at the same time becoming more and more arrogant and shitty with the fans and media, it turned me off. I still went to see him try and hit his 753rd home run at Dodger Stadium because of the history behind that and the fact that he could have hit two that night to tie the record. Should Barry be in the hall, yes, would I vote for him, yes. Do I understand why they don't vote for him, absoultely, do I hold it against the writers for not voting him in, not in the slightest. They decide to vote on a different level of morality than I do, and I am fine with that.

I've never been a fan of either player even before the steroid scandals. I doubt he will get the third base job but you can't fault him for going for it . I don't see him as a distraction next season unless you let it be.

If you look closely you can see Hackilton in the back ground in that pic.

Edited by Troll Daddy

I have no problem with Barry charging for his services, just like I would have no problem paying you to tutor me Dave after you retire. I don't know if this makes either of them look worse, people already hate them both and at least when it comes to Bonds, there will be people that defend him to the end. I personally look at the two completely differently. To me A-Rod is a sad figure that really has never been comfortable in his own shoes. Barry on the other hand has always been somewhat arrogant. He was an amazing player to watch in Pittsburgh, a player that could do it all and played with an incredible amount of energy. When he went to SF and he got bigger and bigger at the same time becoming more and more arrogant and shitty with the fans and media, it turned me off. I still went to see him try and hit his 753rd home run at Dodger Stadium because of the history behind that and the fact that he could have hit two that night to tie the record. Should Barry be in the hall, yes, would I vote for him, yes. Do I understand why they don't vote for him, absoultely, do I hold it against the writers for not voting him in, not in the slightest. They decide to vote on a different level of morality than I do, and I am fine with that.

Stradling, thanks for a well written reply.

Let me be clear, I have no problem with Barry charging for his services. Everyone should get paid for work. That's what work is--unlike volunteering. People volunteer to do things that are often as hard (if not more difficult) than work, but they are doing so because they derive a greater purpose from it than just the pay. Generally, I praise people for their volunteer activities, not their work activities (there are some jobs that I will always praise because the people who do them aren't paid commensurate to their risks or the benefits that they provide--so that it becomes a hybrid mixture of work and volunteerism--such as police, fire fighters, teachers, soldiers, etc.). So, I have no problem with Barry charging for his work, but will give him no praise for it.

Additionally, as I have pointed out with Pete Rose and others, if you go to the Hall of Fame and look up the record for the most hits or the most homeruns in the game, and it will tell you that Pete Rose has the most hits and Barroid Bonds has the most homeruns. They even have items from both players (or at least they did a few years ago). So, the records are recognized. What isn't recognized is Pete Rose the man or Barroid Bonds the man. Now I know all the arguments about how some players in the past were not great men (Ty Cobb being the worst), but I can't change who has already been placed in there. I can, however (although I do not have a vote for the real Hall of Fame) make it better for the future and not put known cheats into the Hall of Fame.I think it would be very bad for the sport overall to do so.

The classic Barroids story is the 1992 NLCS deciding game, where Andy VanSlyke said that Barroids flipped him the bird when he advised Barroids to play in closer to the plate before Cabrera's NLCS winning hit.

Sure enough if he had played in closer to the plate, he likely throws out Bream at the plate.   

I bet A-Fraud puts up better numbers than Pujols.

he hasn't in years, even with the ballpark advantage. his legs are toast. so much so, that steroids can barely help him.

...and i'd actually bet you, if you weren't just using that word generically.

Edited by ukyah