• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Moore

Anyone catch the story this weekend anout his tweet on snipers? Said theyre cowards and later backtracked on it, saying it had nothing to do with american sniper. (Because a guy with a hollywood background and anti war platform would just randomly say that premier weekend and after academy awards were announced)

That guys has one of the biggest self inflated sense of self ive ever seen. All for free speech, and have no problem with his stance. But critiquing those doing a necessary job (like the recruiters he tried to shame in farenheit 9/11) is horseshit. Guy is an idiot and an attention whore.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

"We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

Anyone catch the story this weekend anout his tweet on snipers? Said theyre cowards and later backtracked on it, saying it had nothing to do with american sniper. (Because a guy with a hollywood background and anti war platform would just randomly say that premier weekend and after academy awards were announced)

That guys has one of the biggest self inflated sense of self ive ever seen. All for free speech, and have no problem with his stance. But critiquing those doing a necessary job (like the recruiters he tried to shame in farenheit 9/11) is horseshit. Guy is an idiot and an attention whore.

Unfortunately, we stand-post to guard blowhard, fat-ass, morons rights to be free to speak their warped opinions too.

For the record, as a veteran (infantry), as much as my profession may have been conservative, my views are very liberal. Ive never taken offense at people being anti-war. Its everyones right to have an opinion.

But shit like this kills me. Going out of your way to disrespect a veteran is already shitbird, but doing it to get attention is begging to get your jaw broken. And when hes called out he cant wear it and take responsibility.

Id challenge him to go throught the sniper indoc, get placed into STA, deploy and earn 'HOG', then come back and call anyone a coward.

For the record, as a veteran (infantry), as much as my profession may have been conservative, my views are very liberal. Ive never taken offense at people being anti-war. Its everyones right to have an opinion.

But shit like this kills me. Going out of your way to disrespect a veteran is already shitbird, but doing it to get attention is begging to get your jaw broken. And when hes called out he cant wear it and take responsibility.

Id challenge him to go throught the sniper indoc, get placed into STA, deploy and earn 'HOG', then come back and call anyone a coward.

I agree with your first paragraph but drift away after that.  Frankly, I don't give a shit what Michael Moore or Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh says or thinks about the troops, other than to the point of posting about it to stir things up a bit.  I also don't think anybody should be punched for their opinion, or have to go through some sort of training to better appreciate a position.  Moore's claptrap is no more invalid or valid than that of anybody else of any profession that isn't a sniper.  

That said, I also understand that those who have gone through such training and lived the life would want to punch him in his disgusting mouth.  I'm like Switzerland, personified.

Sorry glen, i drifted because i was drunk posting. I stsrted out with an idea in my head, and miday theough my del taco i forgot what i was talking about, and kept going.

Even sober id like to throat punch that guy though. No problem with him being anti-war, but when he tries to shame individuals like the seal, or the recruiters in his 9/11 movie (or dick clark/charleton heston in bowling for columbine), he crosses a line. A big one.

Hes got a well known rep of requesting interviews. Ia 3rd party and not telling the person hes interviewing what its for, and whos begind it. Hes mastered the ambush interview. (Im too young to like or dislike heston, but you dont go to someones house and try to blame them for something some suicidal kids did because you like guns....anymore than you go to someone who is against guns and try and shame them for victims of mass shootings being unarmed). Ambush....sniping....

I guess he feels it shameful to aim and shoot at someone, who doesnt know youre there, from a hidden distance....oh the irony in that....