• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most teams have the city name on their away jerseys...

I forgot to add, lunch today was provided by Jimmy Kimmel. He hired the Lobster truck to park in front of our building and every employee of The Bachelor got a free lobster sandwich, chips, drink and a ice cream cookie sandwich for lunch. Sorry, Stradling, but that beats In N Out any day.

I had a Double Double with Grilled and Regular Onions add Ketchup and a fry for lunch.

In totally unrelated news, Arte wanted to brand the Angels as The Angels, so their road jerseys say Angels.

Oh and I had a diet coke as well.

Diet cokes are the devil ... if you must then just drink a regular coke.

CALZONE, on 20 Jan 2015 - 5:19 PM, said:

Yeah an updated version with Los Angeles spelled with the lasted Angels team letter font and players numbers under the heart would be pretty cool.

I'd actually like it if they didn't use the same Angels letter font. It looks classy the way it is, though they should change the color to red instead of navy blue. If you look at the SF Giants away jersey, they don't replicate the GIANTS font for SAN FRANCISCO. I think they have a pretty nice home and away set.

jersey-giants-away-gray.jpgpMLB2-5598923dt.jpg

Edited by halofanfare

I forgot to add, lunch today was provided by Jimmy Kimmel. He hired the Lobster truck to park in front of our building and every employee of The Bachelor got a free lobster sandwich, chips, drink and a ice cream cookie sandwich for lunch. Sorry, Stradling, but that beats In N Out any day.

But do they serve lobster dogs (like corn dog only with lobster)?

The Angels almost never had a jersey representing their city/state. The only two I can think of are the ones posted in this thread, and the Anaheim variant was short lived. 

edit: OP, go to a swap meet, I'm sure you'll find a shitty knock off Angels jersey that says Los Angeles. Your best bet would be to visit one of the hundred stores called T SHIRTS in Santa Ana. 

Yep, CALIFORNIA never, eeeever appeared on the front of the uni from 1965-1996.

You're throwing up so many strawmen, its hard to compute.

But the silliness of it all:  I want to concentrate on the Angels brand, so I will spend practically unlimited $ and calories on changing the name from Anaheim to LA of Anaheim.

^^^^^ makes zero sense.

And EVERY owner has made countless extra dollars on any tv deal in the past 10 years.  Name the worst owners in the game... Glass, the idiots in San Diego, Loria... They've also increased their tv rights 10x (or some factor of that) in the last 10 years.

How many have just about the worst ratings in baseball and got over $2 billion. So your argument is he's not branding them as The Angels? That is what I remember reading I guess I could be wrong. But if he's not trying to brand the team as the Angels or if that wasn't his thought originally then why wouldn't he have Los Angeles on the away jersey? You can call me a straw man but you consistently bash Arte or his approach to running the team, when all he's tried to do, right or wrong, is improve the team.