• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeff Fletcher on MLB Network

Reminds me on a poker forum many years ago where there was a bigger poker tv show and the pros actually post and interact and somehow one of the top pros that played this tv show was in a thread about the show. This pro is big into philanthropy and basically what transpired was a snowball started to roll where people pledged money to this dudes charity if on air he would say a certain message board inside joke.

It would be sweet if we did something similar where we raise money to get Jeff to say on air something like "common courtesy", a Jeff Mathis reference, or if he referred to someone's opinion as a "Craig". We could donate it to a charity of his choosing.

Reminds me on a poker forum many years ago where there was a bigger poker tv show and the pros actually post and interact and somehow one of the top pros that played this tv show was in a thread about the show. This pro is big into philanthropy and basically what transpired was a snowball started to roll where people pledged money to this dudes charity if on air he would say a certain message board inside joke.

It would be sweet if we did something similar where we raise money to get Jeff to say on air something like "common courtesy", a Jeff Mathis reference, or if he referred to someone's opinion as a "Craig". We could donate it to a charity of his choosing.

Don't leave us hanging, did the poker pro say it?

Don't leave us hanging, did the poker pro say it?

My bad. Yeah, he did. I can't find the original thread because the term took off and there are so many posts or threads with the word.

Haha, it's even on his Wiki page:

"He accepted a bet of $10,000 from 2+2 Poker Forums to say "lol donkaments" on an episode of High Stakes Poker, which he did after winning a hand against Erick Lindgren. After the initial $10,000, he also received a further $45,000 in donations from other charitable poker players who were amused by the bet"

I've mentioned it before but it's great having a legit, respected baseball writer and analyst contributing here. It's actually good that he isn't an Angels fan because he provides an unbiased view of the team.

Not saying the AW contributers aren't good at what they do (they are), but there's always going to be that level of homerism that you can't really escape.

I've mentioned it before but it's great having a legit, respected baseball writer and analyst contributing here. It's actually good that he isn't an Angels fan because he provides an unbiased view of the team.

Not saying the AW contributers aren't good at what they do (they are), but there's always going to be that level of homerism that you can't really escape.

I completely agree with how great it is to have Jeff contribute to the site, he just add legitimacy to our little community. I know he isn't an Angel fan, but I find it strange.

If you were covering a team that you weren't a fan of, wouldn't they just kind of grow on you, until you became a fan? Even if they didn't surpass your favorite team, wouldn't you just start to root for or like the team? I guess he is just better at compartmentalizing than I am or the Angels are a bunch of pricks.

I completely agree with how great it is to have Jeff contribute to the site, he just add legitimacy to our little community. I know he isn't an Angel fan, but I find it strange.

If you were covering a team that you weren't a fan of, wouldn't they just kind of grow on you, until you became a fan? Even if they didn't surpass your favorite team, wouldn't you just start to root for or like the team? I guess he is just better at compartmentalizing than I am or the Angels are a bunch of pricks.

At least it removes the bias that many writers are prone to fall into. 

Like lyle Spencer's idiotic obsession with Jeff Mathis... Lyle Spencer could just be pretty idiotic in general though.

Hopefully fletcher never becomes a "true" fan.

Edited by Poozy

This is a very common question. Why aren't you a fan?

I do like the people (most of them) who are with the Angels and I'm happy for them when they win. I also prefer for them to win rather than lose because it makes the people better to deal with an it adds interest, which adds readers, which is good for me.

However, I have no emotional attachment, so it doesn't bother me when they lose. I don't want them to be terrible, because then people get really prickly and people get fired, which is no fun.

And to be totally honest, in October, I get paid the same whether I'm sitting at home or dragging my butt all over the country and writing 5 stories a day for four weeks.

So, no. I'm definitely not a fan.

I was covering the Giants when they won the World Series in 2010 and I remember being a little sad because I saw how happy everyone was -- including members of my own family -- and I knew I'd never have that.

It's still a price I'm more than willing to pay to get to have this job.

Thanks Toby I really appreciate the kind comments.