• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SF signs Aoki

MVTrout

Aoki was really a key to the KC success last year -- he's very good on defense in the OF, has speed, hits for average and has some power (10-15 HR guy if he plays regularly).

And, YES, I think he fits real well into the SF line up and club house and should do well at AT&T.

I am surprised he only got a one year deal, a one plus one year option seemed more like.

this is the type of signing -- no big splash, sort of under the radar -- that could lead to a real upside for SF.

am sure they appreciated the way Aoki played against them last October.........not sure why KC didn't try harder to keep him.....

I may have over-stated his power -- only hit one HR last year -- didn't he hit one in the post-season?

and YES - insurance for Pagan --

Pagan was GREAT for the Giants -- when he was in the line up -- but he was on the DL so much --

but check the SF Giants win loss record with Pagan leading off and then the W/L with him on the DL/ not in the line up -- Giants really needed him to spur their offense.

Pagan is a pretty good offensive player...good at stealing bases..his defense has really gone down in the past few years.

He does the Eric Byrnes routine  (only worse and obvious) where he'll take a bad route to the ball just to try to make a sliding/diving catch.