• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Proof that the Chinese are trying to kill us

Simple and subtle.

I bought a meal from a Chinese restaurant in my neighborhood. After finishing the meal I opened the fortune cookie and read the message. It says, verbatim:

Accept the next proposition you hear.

Normally the sayings are a lot more benign, usually more proverb than fortune. This one, should I follow it, could be catastrophic. Maybe I should report this to Homeland Security.

I worked at the men's intake center for the Department of Corrections for almost seven years. In all that time, I didn't meet a single inmate who I liked well enough to choose as a cell mate.

I've never understood why, with prisons being what they are and having the population they do, they have cellmates. It wouldn't cost that much more to have smaller single cells and the biggest cost is supervision. Which should be less with single cells.

I've never understood why, with prisons being what they are and having the population they do, they have cellmates. It wouldn't cost that much more to have smaller single cells and the biggest cost is supervision. Which should be less with single cells.

do you realize how small 1/2 the size of a current cell would be?

You double the cost of most everything else, though. That is twice as many security doors, twice as many toilets, twice as many sinks, larger control panels and a lot more demand on the infrastructure of the facility. You also have to buy a lot more materials to build the place, as you have a lot more walls, more plumbing, more electrical wiring, etc.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

You double the cost of most everything else, though. That is twice as many security doors, twice as many toilets, twice as many sinks, larger control panels and a lot more demand on the infrastructure of the facility. You also have to buy a lot more materials to build the place, as you have a lot more walls, more plumbing, more electrical wiring, etc.

Well, not nearly double, but I know it would cost significantly more. Is the structure really that high a percent of the cost? I always thought most of the cost was the salaries to incarcerate. Which shouldn't increase much, should they?

Once the place is built, that is true. Utilities would be significantly higher and the initial cost of construction would be substantially increased. You also have a problem with federal law that requires a minimum amount of square feet per inmate in a housing unit. You couldn't just split cells down the middle without breaking federal law.