• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Network ranks Trout second best CF

SoWhat

Let's use some stats from Fangraphs.

Overall Value (fWAR)

1. Trout 7.8

2. McCutchen 6.8

3. Brantley 6.6

4. Gomez 5.9

5. Jones 5.4

Offensive Value (wRC+)

1. McCutchen 168

2. Trout 167

3. Brantley 155

4. Puig 147

5. Kemp 140

Defensive Value (Def Runs)

1. Hamilton 22.0

2. Martin 13.3

3. Jones 10.2

4. Gomez 7.8

5. Jennings 6.3

15. Trout -8.4

16. McCutchen -8.6

(And that doesn't include Dyson, Bourjos, Bradley and others who are great defenders but didn't qualify)

Baserunning (BsR)

1. Revere 10.0

2. Brantley 7.8

3. Martin 6.5

4. Hamilton 6.4

5. Ellsbury 5.7

7. Trout 4.8

16. McCutchen 1.5

So they were basically equal with the bat and in the field. The main difference is that Trout was a better baserunner and had 57 more plate appearances, thus giving him a higher fWAR. But it is also important to look beyond one year; how about the last three? Trout wins in every way.

WAR: 28.4 to 21.8

wRC+: 170 to 160

Def: 7.9 to -5.8

BsR: 24.9 to 9.8

And of course Trout is five years younger, so there's that.

The above analysis wasn't really necessary but it does point out that MLB.Network is either being willfully ignorant or intentionally controversial. Either way, who gives a shyt?

Pittsburgh is lucky to have a player of that talent.  I am happy having the second best CF as an Angel.  I think Trout could have had the edge if he didn't have those two years where he was only the runner up to the AL MVP award.  I mean, how can you compare that to McCutcheon and all of his MVP's?

Seems fair.

I assume Jones is third. Wait a minute.....

About 14% of the country's population is black. So that means blacks make up 66.6666% of the top CF in baseball. That is a statistical anomaly and I won't stand for it. Obviously the government is controlling sports networks in an effort to quell the riots and protesting, but why?

They must be attempting to start the nwo (AO please no wrestling references this is a serious problem) and they are unable to do so with such a large group of Americans fighting against their every decision. Once everything calms down, the police state will rise, and our freedoms (what little we had left) will be eradicated. Mike Trout's pride is simply the first casualty. This is the first step. Please contact vladdylonglegs for more info and educate yourselves.

It's time to wake up sheeple! The signs could not be more obvious.

In a down year, Trout was still better than McCutchen. Over the past 3 years, Trout has drastically over performed McCutchen. Trout is also much younger. 

There's no doubt that Cutch is the 2nd best CF and player behind Trout. However, you really have to reach and really believe that Trout's 2nd half performance in 2014 is indicative of his true talent level, which is most likely isn't. 

I assume Jones is third. Wait a minute.....

About 14% of the country's population is black. So that means blacks make up 66.6666% of the top CF in baseball. That is a statistical anomaly and I won't stand for it. Obviously the government is controlling sports networks in an effort to quell the riots and protesting, but why?

They must be attempting to start the nwo (AO please no wrestling references this is a serious problem) and they are unable to do so with such a large group of Americans fighting against their every decision. Once everything calms down, the police state will rise, and our freedoms (what little we had left) will be eradicated. Mike Trout's pride is simply the first casualty. This is the first step. Please contact vladdylonglegs for more info and educate yourselves.

It's time to wake up sheeple! The signs could not be more obvious.

Take the tinfoil off your head, you paranoid mother's-basement-dwelling-racist.

Edited by Angelsjunky