• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Last Moves

UCLAngel

You don't understand the term cost controlled. It's like saying Trout is cost controlled, or Albert is cost controlled. Just because you know the cost of the player doesn't mean they are cost controlled.

Trout and Pujols are cost controlled. I'm not sure what your idea of the meaning is to you.

Again, I'm not avocating a Calhoun trade. He is one of my favorites. Trading for Hamels means you could trade Wilson.

Trout and Pujols are cost controlled. I'm not sure what your idea of the meaning is to you.

Again, I'm not avocating a Calhoun trade. He is one of my favorites. Trading for Hamels means you could trade Wilson.

Uhhh Trout and Pujols are under contract, they're not cost-controlled. Heaney, Calhoun, Tropeano, Morin, etc. would be cost-controlled. 

Hamels essentially costs what Aybar, Freese, and Ianetta cost combined. So assuming you are operating within a budget, as almost all teams do, bringing in a guy like Hamels not only costs you Calhoun plus, but also prevents you from affording the guys like Aybar, Freese and Ianetta. It fills one hole, for sure, but creates several more.

Hamels is marginally better than Calhoun?

I love this place, lol

Am I missing something? Calhoun was one of the best RF in baseball last year. He's young and is entering his prime.

Hamels has had a better CAREER up to this point, which is why your view on this is myopic. 

You're not going to find many people who would rather have Hamels at his price over Calhoun at his price. 

Am I missing something? Calhoun was one of the best RF in baseball last year. He's young and is entering his prime.

Hamels has had a better CAREER up to this point, which is why your view on this is myopic.

You're not going to find many people who would rather have Hamels at his price over Calhoun at his price.

Ok kid you win. Phillies would never consider a trade for Calhoun anyways. Hamels will bring them a much bigger package.

Ok kid you win. Phillies would never consider a trade for Calhoun anyways. Hamels will bring them a much bigger package.

Your living up to your name old timer, so you win! Oh and the reason why young players are considered cost controlled is they only get nice arbitration figures if they perform. If Hamels or Trout or Albert have a bad year they are still getting paid what the contract says the following year.

Not sure if you've kept up with the recent rumors but many teams have claimed the Phillies' asking price to be "ridiculous". If the Phillies could get a well above average RF who is cost controlled for 4+ seasons for Hamels and his contract, they would jump at that offer. 

There's a reason why teams aren't giving the Phillies their best prospects AND taking on that contract. The Phillies have to either A)Eat a majority of the deal and receive a better package or B)Have the other team take on the deal and receive a smaller package back. 

If the Phillies were to eat 75+% of Hamels' deal, I could see the Calhoun-Hamels swap happening. Personally, I wouldn't do it because we lack any high level prospects to replace Calhoun while we are loaded with starters who should be ready in the next 2-3 years. 

Lol. Sometimes I wonder if you're really a Doc

Seriously who wouldn't make that trade if was on the table. Hamels is cost controlled for at least four years. Do you really think the Phillies would?

Hamels signed a $144M contract in 2013. How is that cost controlled?

It's a very asinine thing to say, especially when discussing a low cost youngster like Calhoun.

If you guys are telling me the Angels have a better chance of winning a championship with Calhoun than Hamels ...

'then you need to share what your smoking'

I have no problem with batting Joyce at lead off.

No need to call names ... this is just a discussion. I doubt that I'm only one who shares my opinion.

If you guys are telling me the Angels have a better chance of winning a championship with Calhoun than Hamels ...

'then you need to share what your smoking'

I have no problem with batting Joyce at lead off.

No need to call names ... this is just a discussion. I doubt that I'm only one who shares my opinion.

Hamels is a phenomenal pitcher, and he'd undoubtedly bolster the pitching staff.

But, the Angels don't exactly need him as much as they need Calhoun. Who would play right field if we traded Calhoun? More importantly, the offense would greatly suffer without Calhoun.

It would be similar to what the A's experienced with Lester. They sacrificed a key component of their offense to improve an already competent pitching staff and the benefits were negligible.

Hamels is a phenomenal pitcher, and he'd undoubtedly bolster the pitching staff.

But, the Angels don't exactly need him as much as they need Calhoun. Who would play right field if we traded Calhoun? More importantly, the offense would greatly suffer without Calhoun.

It would be similar to what the A's experienced with Lester. They sacrificed a key component of their offense to improve an already competent pitching staff and the benefits were negligible.

Depends if we get first half Calhoun or second half one. Edited by Troll Daddy